Gaming FAST Racing NEO now available in Wii U eShop

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a quick one play race. It's definitely a fun race so far. Feels very Wip3out-like. The voiceovers are a bit cheesy, but the racing itself is great! I'm happy to confirm that the jumps between ramps and levels are not scripted as was reported somewhere - you can control your vehicle mid-jump, and your position when going into the jump does affect where you land.

Not much more to report right now as I haven't played much. It's a hard game though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've just worked out what the the change in 'colour phase' does. You have to match the colour phase of your vehicle (orange or blue) to the coloured strips on the track. If the colour matches, you get a speed boost. If it doesn't, you get slowed down. If you can switch the phase quickly enough between different coloured strips you can get a sequence of boosts. This is a nice touch.

Unfortunately the graphics don't look quite as nice in motion as they did in the screenshots and promo videos, but that might be because they're scaled up to my 90" projector screen. However, the graphics are good for a budget-priced title.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just played an online race. There were enough people to start a race immediately. Didn't get much chance for interaction with the other players as I currently suck at this game so was way behind everyone else ;)

Thanks for the info! What's the price on it?
It's £10.99 in the UK eShop. According to the dev's web site it's 14.99€/14.99US$/10.99£/22.49AU$.

Reactions: Mr. Sparkle

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO it doesn't quite feel like the next-gen racer I was expecting. I think this is mostly due to some of the physics, like the way the vehicles spin and crash. To me this game feels closer to a PS2 title in terms of the way it handles, and a PS3 title in terms of its presentation. That's not to say it's not a good game though - it's definitely enjoyable, just not quite what I was expecting. For the price though, it seems worth it.

Mr. Sparkle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a big fan of the Wipeout games in the past, and loved F-Zero GX, so im guess for 14.99 I can get some fun put of this. Plus 4 player local coop is huge for me as well. The game looks great on videos and I'm sure it's tough, but the price is right and I'm jumping in.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

For £10.99/14.99€ and with that Wipeout/F-Zero feeling it's definitely worth it. I'll be buying it but going to check online for any Nintendo eShop credit deals (more credit for less).

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through some of the single player cups and getting the hang of the controls now. The more I play this game the more I like it!

Yeah, ok, this game is fucking excellent. Grabbing the energy orb things for constant speed boosts while keeping your vehicle in phase with the boost strips all while making the jumps is exhilarating. You get a great star-trek-warp-speed-style visual effect when you boost past a competitor which enhances the sense of speed. The simplicity of the races is refreshing, and you can focus on going as fast as you can and trying not to come off the track!

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
played the first cup. love it. everything screams F ZERO and the announcer is a familiar voice.

my only 2 complaints: no custom controls, no volume/sound options

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉