Homebrew Fast Android to 3DS FTP app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a 3DS FTP app that can receive/send files fast? I tried the FTP-3DS and ES File Explorer on my Android device but the send speed is too slow...

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the FTP server built into the 3DS? System Settings > Data Management > 3DS > Something (not sure what it's called)

Remember, the 3DS only supports about 1.4-2 MB/s. If it's slower than that, your phone is the bottleneck.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the FTP server built into the 3DS? System Settings > Data Management > 3DS > Something (not sure what it's called)

Remember, the 3DS only supports about 1.4-2 MB/s. If it's slower than that, your phone is the bottleneck.
its not a FTP Srver techincally, its a "SAMBA" (Windows Network Share) server in that reguard.

to the OP, if your using an O3DS there IS a patched version of mSD Management on "That" iso site that works on an O3DS (when installing it w/ FBI ignore the New3DS Warning)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

1: This is a Samba share and is exclusive to the N3DS (unless one installs the data management CIA on an O3DS), and it only works with Windows because it's absolutely abysmal.
2: O3DS transfer rates cap out around 800 kb/s and N3DS speeds cap out around 1.2 mb/s. Newer N3DS models might be faster, but I've not seen anything that suggests this.

OP, just use ftpd and one of many FTP capable apps available. I recommend ES like @Giodude, but I honestly don't want this to turn into another ignorant shitfest about "malware". It's all a false narrative.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo when a new build of nds bootstrap comes out during school you bet im gonna ftp over new ds roms to my 3ds to test out. That's what i've been doing the last month or so.

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its not a FTP Srver techincally, its a "SAMBA" (Windows Network Share) server in that reguard.

to the OP, if your using an O3DS there IS a patched version of mSD Management on "That" iso site that works on an O3DS (when installing it w/ FBI ignore the New3DS Warning)
But I have a N3DS and it's still slow...

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use an android app called "Turbo Client". It's pretty easy to use and that's what I used to install Homebrew when I didn't have a PC.

Tutimane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i see all the suggestions but which is the fastest vs the original way to do it and is it even worth it for 30 more seconds saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte