gumgod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
screenshot_240092_thumb300.jpg
Facebook's top game developer has been hit with a class action lawsuit over allegations that it shared the personal information of millions of Americans with internet tracking companies.

Zynga, which makes six of the social network's top ten games, including the massively popular FarmVille, is accused of sharing the data of 218 million users with advertisers, in violation of federal law and its contract with Facebook.

The lawsuit was filed in a federal court in San Francisco, California, and was brought by Minnesota resident Nancy Graf. The class action is seeking monetary relief for those whose data was wrongly shared, and injunctive relief to prevent continued privacy abuses.

"This appears to be another example of an online company failing the American public with empty promises to respect individual privacy rights," said Michael Aschenbrener of Edelson McGuire LLC, co-lead attorney for the class action.

source

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heard the story about the data yesterday; it doesn't affect me at all.
wink.gif

Stories about this happening a lot amuses me though; can't Failbook just get deleted from the internet and we can all leave this behind us?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome. Now those kiddies can finally fuck off and start using Netlog/shit like that again, and leave Facebook to the (slightly) more mature.

ProtoKun7 said:
can't Failbook just get deleted from the internet and we can all leave this behind us?
TROLOLOLOLO LOLOLO LOLOLO~

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, that's just my nickname for it.
laugh.gif

It might even be better if just none of my friends had it so that everyone that fails would be anonymous to me.
smileipb2.png

When I first heard this though, I had wondered if the administrators knew about this all too well.
unsure.gif

gumgod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the first time Facebook has had privacy issues, so it's not really surprising. People need to learn that if you don't want something public, you shouldn't put it on the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi