Farcry for Wii... Impressions?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by GameJesus, Dec 1, 2006.

Dec 1, 2006
  1. GameJesus
    OP

Member GameJesus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This game has a lot of potential and is said to give a better control scheme then red steel offers making it more user friendly. Only drawback that testers had stated so far was two guns one cursor which they would like 2 for a better feel, and grenade tossing is completly in accurate. i am planning on getting this game for the holiday season and would like for people to give their impressions for these first FPS's released on Wii.

2. 5kuzgib

Newcomer 5kuzgib Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It look promising, but I'm waiting for reviews before I commit.

3. Scurvey Dog

Newcomer Scurvey Dog Member

United States
    ive heard conficting things about red steel, and nothing super impressive about cod3, although nothing bad either. im hoping farcry really sets the wii off in terms of FPS's. its obviouly the best controll setup for an fps, i would love to see some great ones in the future.

4. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    COD3 is excellent. Picked it up the other day and the controls truly make the game a new experience all to itself. Running and gunning, shooting around things, changing your clip, lobbing grenades, rowing a boat, driving a jeep, steering/firing a tank, setting detonators, hand to hand combat, and more all have unique logical movements.

Pics and clips online do it no justice as in motion it's a pretty title, AI seems pretty firm, and the challenge is at a good pace.

5. Gilrad

Gilrad Newbie

Of course, the biggest complaint I hear about COD3 is lack of multiplayer.

Let's hope Farcry delivers in what both COD3 and Red Steel didn't (multiplayer AND solid controls, respectively).