Far Cry 5 - "Welcome to Hope County" Teaser Trailers

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, May 22, 2017.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    aa.jpg

Ubisoft have released a set of small live-action teaser trailers promoting the upcoming entry in the Far Cry series - Far Cry 5.
    The location based shots show the fictional county of Hope County, Montana and give us a glance of what to expect for the setting of the latest instalment in the open-world action game. It will be the first entry in the series to be set in the United States.

A full reveal is scheduled for May 26th.

Far Cry 5 has been announced for PS4, Xbox One & PC.

:arrow: Teaser Trailer #1
    :arrow: Teaser Trailer #2
    :arrow: Teaser Trailer #3
    :arrow: Teaser Trailer #4

Last edited by shaunj66, May 22, 2017
    'Don, Lycanroc and T-hug like this.

2. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Ahhhhhhhhh ye-nooooo, really no PC support, kay.

3. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    There is PC support
    wat?

Chary likes this.
  4. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    There is. This trailer is from the PS youtube channel, so they only promote their products.

Chary likes this.
  5. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    a 37 second trailer that just shows a date and a dead floating body symbolized there is no PC support??!?!

I'll take whatever drugs you're on I could use em...just because the trailer is on the playstation channel doesn't mean it will be an exclusive...the trailer said right at the end(if you finished or even watched it) that more information will be shown on the 26th. There has never been a platform exclusive far cry game and I doubt it will start now

6. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    I don't need to know anything about this game. Will be playing it day one.

KiiWii likes this.
  7. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I guess Sony bought marketing rights for this one too?

8. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    Or they want to advertise on the most successful console where the most money will be made? i know it hurts your little heart.

Anyway i don't see why people are excited for this series again, it's become like Assassins Creed just pumping out titles year after year with less quality everytime i'll pass.

Last edited by Bonestorm, May 22, 2017
    V0ltr0n likes this.
  9. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    I'm curious about what they'll do with the setting of the game.
    Choosing a place with such low density of population and lots of monotonous spaces (fields and plains), I really wonder how they'll manage to make the map dense and interesting enough.
    It will surely involve some trickery, which is fine, but I hope it's well executed so it doesn't feel out of place.

10. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    ooo

11. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    All it's known by this game so far are the teasers that don't even show any gameplay. What are you talking about?

12. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    Between 2012 and 2016 there have been 4 Far Cry games, that's what i'm talking about, each with decreasing quality. It's on COD or AC levels now, Ubisoft is awful.

V0ltr0n likes this.
  13. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Far Cry 3 was great, then the series took a nosedive. I was recommended primal over Just Cause 3, played it 1 day, saw that I was almost 80% through the game and exchanged it, taking a chance on Just Cause 3. I cannot express enough how happy I am to have made that decision. JC3 is great open world goodness and Primal is just rinse and repeat of 4, which is a repeat of 3 with a new skin and unmemorable characters.

Bonestorm likes this.
  14. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    FarCry 3 is one of the games that intrest me (and still intrest me.) Becuase there is a lot of diversity, just like in the newest zelda title.

However, I think sometimes eith the series they tend to do the same thing. I have only really saw Fry Cry 3 footage & 4, I haven't seen the other games. But they are almost the same in terms of what you do in the game. Except with a different culture background & story every game.

Even the title is bland imo, they have used the same title but with a different number.

So I can kind of see why people are a little annoyed.

15. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Seems like a wild west setting. I approve!

16. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Why would it hurt me if I have a PS4? I just find it a bit of a weird move for Sony to secure marketing rights on multis or paying 3rd parties to prohibit them from releasing games on other consoles. If they were in such a high standard as you say they are they shouldn't be so worried about competition and invest this money delivering actual value to their customers.

Do you know what hurts? You'll be playing the gimped low resolution low framerate low settings version for the obsolete ps4/pro hardware and others will be playing the best looking 4k resolution ultra settings 60fps version of the game on Windows 10 and Scorpio. That's what hurts you.

BTW FarCry series are better than most games Sony released in the last years not to talk about commercial success,of which some Sony games which sell to less than 1/60 of their install base like gravity rush 2 can only dream of.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you know what's the difference here? I'm a concerned Sony customer and I'm critic of choices that do not exactly benefit consumers like spending money on securing marketing rights and delivering bad games or remasters at full price.

You're a delusional fanboy devoid of arguments that acts like you have $200k in Sony stock, this is how sad you are.

17. Bonestorm
    This message by Bonestorm has been removed from public view by Minox, May 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    May 22, 2017
  18. Burlsol

Burlsol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    Will probably just take a page out of the Outlast 2 playbook... Base it around religious zealots and anti-government militants, or do this whole kind of post-government collapse spin to it. Maybe toss in a few bears and tall places to climb to make it Farcry enough.

19. netovsk
    This message by netovsk has been removed from public view by Minox, May 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    May 23, 2017
  20. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Primal was 5, so this will be 6....

21. Bonestorm
    This message by Bonestorm has been removed from public view by Minox, May 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    May 23, 2017
  22. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Yes, and because I own a PS4, and not a PC it makes me entitled to mess with someone who actually likes the damn game.
    Jesus, you guys are like 4. I barley have had any money to fork over on gaming equipment (I have been missing out since 2011 when the Wii U came out.) Just now I have finally gotten to play some newer IP's on the Nintendo Switch, sadly though not the same for the PS4.

Oh and plus, my parents disclose me highly on any M Rated content (as lame as it sounds and I'm 16 years old, I can't play that stuff around the house.) At least be thankful for what you have.

23. netovsk
    This message by netovsk has been removed from public view by Minox, May 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    May 23, 2017
  24. petethepug
    This message by petethepug has been removed from public view by Minox, May 23, 2017, Reason: Offtopic.
    May 23, 2017
  25. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Looks good. Let's hope Ubisoft doesn't somehow screw it up.

BotW borrowed ideas and tools from other games, not a bad thing but nothing new either.