ROM Hack RELEASE Fantasy Tavern Sextet Vol.2 Content Restore Mod

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I might take a look at it, rather odd they just have 'disable' files in there, colour me intrigued heh.
Thank you! yeah i found those two odd as well, cuz i've never seen any files like that for ren'py made titles so it's honestly a first, plus this ~INDEX file has a sorta file directory it reads for the game as well if you want me to send it and have it look at it.

It's only readable thru hex editing it, so you could see the list, if you like i can send you it right quick for reference.

ChaosSoulReaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with getting this to work. i did the exact same thing i did with the first game and the first game worked but this one isnt. is there something i did wrong?

nvm sorry for posting i found out what i did wrong

Last edited by ChaosSoulReaper,

DizzyDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having trouble with getting this to work. i did the exact same thing i did with the first game and the first game worked but this one isnt. is there something i did wrong?

nvm sorry for posting i found out what i did wrong
Hey did you manage to get it working if so how did you go about doing it? Thnaks

DizzyDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you! yeah i found those two odd as well, cuz i've never seen any files like that for ren'py made titles so it's honestly a first, plus this ~INDEX file has a sorta file directory it reads for the game as well if you want me to send it and have it look at it.

It's only readable thru hex editing it, so you could see the list, if you like i can send you it right quick for reference.
Hey @SwitchStation3P , did you ever manage to get Shakura succubus patched with the R18 content? I've been attempting to do it myself, and like you was able to extract the assets and find the adult content. But however way I tried putting it into layeredfs, the game always seemed to crash on boot seemingly whilst trying to implement the files. Did you have any luck?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @SwitchStation3P , did you ever manage to get Shakura succubus patched with the R18 content? I've been attempting to do it myself, and like you was able to extract the assets and find the adult content. But however way I tried putting it into layeredfs, the game always seemed to crash on boot seemingly whilst trying to implement the files. Did you have any luck?
Nope, unfortunately neither of us could come to a solution for this. We tried everything but the only idea we could come up with is that something in the files outside of 'romfs' files is activating some kind of trigger that causes the game to crash whenever you edit any files that pertain to the adult content for any of their games.

I came to this conclusion as replacing some files works like a charm (hardly worth uploading though as the images don't make sense without the context), but the moment you try and edit any files that would enable the r18 content, crash on boot.

I believe it may in the exefs or something but I'm not well versed on editing those files, so the solution we both came to was to use the renpy homebrew with nsp forwarders to play the pc version on the switch via homebrew, which is more of a workaround but it does do a pretty good job.

Also, this mod for fts2 should be fully working now (minus that 1 hard locked cg), make sure you follow the instructions to the letter for this specific game, as the instructions and files needed are vary per game. Just be careful if you are trying to mod multiple games at once as you might mix up some of the files like I did at first :P (I also reccomend not using the steam version as it is pixel censored and often more difficult to patch onto the switch than the other r18 patches)

DizzyDrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, unfortunately neither of us could come to a solution for this. We tried everything but the only idea we could come up with is that something in the files outside of 'romfs' files is activating some kind of trigger that causes the game to crash whenever you edit any files that pertain to the adult content for any of their games.

I came to this conclusion as replacing some files works like a charm (hardly worth uploading though as the images don't make sense without the context), but the moment you try and edit any files that would enable the r18 content, crash on boot.

I believe it may in the exefs or something but I'm not well versed on editing those files, so the solution we both came to was to use the renpy homebrew with nsp forwarders to play the pc version on the switch via homebrew, which is more of a workaround but it does do a pretty good job.

Also, this mod for fts2 should be fully working now (minus that 1 hard locked cg), make sure you follow the instructions to the letter for this specific game, as the instructions and files needed are vary per game. Just be careful if you are trying to mod multiple games at once as you might mix up some of the files like I did at first :P (I also reccomend not using the steam version as it is pixel censored and often more difficult to patch onto the switch than the other r18 patches)
Thanks for the reply! Yea i was thinking the same. Quite a shame devs created it in such a way as to prevent R18 content implementation on boot. Even more confusing as all the file structure still includes the adult content scripts which on first inspection gave me hope that it would be an easy job of just enabling the files. I'll have a look at attempting to run the renpy homebrew hopefully its straight forward enough. Thanks again for taking the time to fill me in! Also thank you very much for all your contributions to the scene, your work is great!!!

• Love
Reactions: Rasa39

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)