Fantasy Life USA Freeze in Sky3ds, Help!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ubagutobr, Feb 8, 2015.

1. ubagutobr
    OP

ubagutobr Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Ubatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    i try play Fantasy Life(Usa) but after some minute or hour of play the game freeze, i tried some revision of template like, 1127, 0201, 0204a but all freeze after some time.
    someone can help me with a solution :cry:

I use a sd card of sandisk 8GB, my sky3ds is with blue button

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    What class is your SD card? If it's Class 4 or below, chances are that it's just too slow and can't keep up with the game.

3. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Highly doubt that. I was using a class 4 with this particular game up till yesterday. The only difference is I'm using gateway. As of yesterday I have a UHS-I however.

It's probably corrupt one way or another. Or possibly a dying SD card. But a Class 4 micro SD has enough read speed for any game really.

4. ubagutobr
    OP

ubagutobr Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Class 4 x.x, the strange is i have play a lot other games but this is only game that freeze

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    As a user of two Class 4 cards I can assure you that they can occasionally cause freezing during streamed sequences, for instance FMV's, especially after briefly entertaining sleep mode. ;) Nevertheless you do have a point - if the game always freezes at more or less the same point it could be due to corruption.

6. jhazicalization

jhazicalization Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Before I also have the same problem with that game. But after changing the micro sd card with a faster one..it fixed the issue

7. ubagutobr
    OP

ubagutobr Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    Brazil
    don't have a point of freeze, i already played 2 hour or only 10 min until the game freeze is random =/

8. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    dump that card and use class 10 card.

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Re-download the game and if the problem persists, format the card with SD Formatter with Full formatting and OverWrite Erase enabled. If that doesn't help, you need a faster SD.

10. NaviInside

NaviInside Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2014
    Indonesia
    Yup, I use class 10 and it works perfectly. I think I already spent more than 20 hours ...
    So either change the sd card or redownload rom from another place

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Although the class 4 may work with other games, it may be possible certain games need a faster card. I remember on the DS castlevania portrait of ruin needed a faster card or it'd freeze.

12. Celebrimbor360

Celebrimbor360 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2014
    United States
    class 10 Sumsung, never had any problem with this game

13. codychaosx

codychaosx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Wisconsin
    yeah gateway works a bit different than sky. ive read in several different threads that sky3ds will cause issues if youre not using a "fast" sd card