[Fan-Translation] Hoshido Festival of Bonds IF to Fates DLC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Shiro-san, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Shiro-san
    OP

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In short, I’ve successfully ported over the dlc into fates. The dlc, which is named to overwrite Royal Royale, is attached below in non-cia format. You’ll need to build the cia yourself, since I’m not sure how to make a single dlc (I only started learning two days ago.)

Here are some sample videos. Forgive the potato quality- I have no proper screen recorder, and run on o3ds. I’ve also changed some names on my own file, but they won’t show up in your DLC.

Examples

What's gotta be done

I’ve separated the conversations per-child into separate files. The dlc has them all stuffed in one, which makes it difficult to work with.

Version 0.0.0 can be downloaded here.
    Supports Completed/Reserved

You can request a support or a character by saying “I want to take Soleil’s supports”, or “I’d like to take Azura’s supports”, or even be oddly specific “I wanna take the Ophelia-Corrin support.” I'd very much like to get these done quickly, so if there's no response from someone who's reserved an entire character in over a week, the character will be free game. I would prefer if all requests went towards my tumblr, or are dm'd to me on twitter.

I will eventually create a cia (with all the dlc, of course) containing this on the iso site. My username is "Rinkah" there.

Further methods of contact:
    Here, on GBAtemp
    Twitter: @shinononomeme (dms open)
    Tumblr: squidsplosion (If asking anonymously, please state your gbatemp username or some method to respond)

Last edited by Shiro-san, May 1, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I'm excited to see this! :D

3. Gamer-chan

Gamer-chan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    OH? I'm surprised nobody actually has a method of creating dlc slots yet, considering how there are unused ones for the US release anyway, right?

(This is Rikari from twitter by the way, I'm still making the same internal screeches of joy from well over half an hour ago at this point)

4. Shiro-san
    OP

Shiro-san Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Tellius
    There is, but like I said.... I learned how to make dlc like, two days ago. I'll have to ask the people who've created custom dlc to do it, but for now it's the lazy method.

(!!! it you!!! my Boon hacking companion)

Hnng I'm glad! I'm excited to be doing this. I practically jumped at starting this as soon as I figured out dlc lol

5. ExData7

ExData7 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Will definitely keep an eye on this project

6. technickal

technickal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    United States
    I'll take Soleil's and Midori's supports.

7. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    Yes yes yes! Thank you for taking this up!

There's definitely a way to change the DLC entry to something unused. @RainThunder has partial tutorials for how to do this spread across a few of their older posts, but they are geared toward someone who knows what they are doing, ie not me.

I managed to figure out how to rebuild the Cipher DLCs to be Fates-compatible a while back, but it took me some time to figure out, and I've kind of forgotten how to do it. If no one else is available, then after I'm done with exams next week, I'll try to figure out how to give this a custom slot (as well as make sure it doesn't conflict with the other common custom DLCs).

8. technickal

technickal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    United States
    Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering when the next update will be. It's been a month.

9. robertrobertblaze11

robertrobertblaze11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    want to know where i live huh,u perverted stalker
    Great man