Fan-made remake of Metal Gear Solid in Unreal Engine 4

10391594_1218002591548516_6488413723960734920_n.jpg

'Shadow Moses' is the remake of the classic 1998 Metal Gear Solid in Unreal Engine 4 by some dedicated fans. The first trailer for the game was released just yesterday, entitled 'First Trailer' and it is visually impressive and aims to be the HD remake we never had. See it by yourself:

Speaking of official stuff, the team does not have carte blanche from Konami to release the remake. However they are aware that some talks need to take place and have posted the following on their Facebook page:

We just need to clarify something:

Konami owns the MGS copyright and therefore sooner or later we will need their full permission.

We have therefore chosen to openly share this project from the beginning so that we can deal with any issues that may arise as they come.

We believe this is better than putting years of work into a project only to get it shut down.

Please, respect this decision.

Thanks for your attention,
Airam.

Konami hasn't made any move as of yet, so we can still keep our hopes up. Hopefully things won't turn out to be as in the case of this Metal Gear remake by team Outer Heaven.

With Airam Hernandez at the helm, he says that it all started as a project to recreate MGS environments and make a "museum game" for those who wanted to explore the base with current technology. Following increasing support and interest for the project from people all over the internet, he decided to make an entire remake of the game.

For more info, updates, artworks and videos, check out their Facebook page, Twitter account and Youtube channel.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This won't totally get a C&D and its development won't at all get halted

I understand these guys are hungry for attention, hype and e-penis stroking but when there is a 100% chance of your work getting shut down, you should probably hold out with the announcements until the game is released.

Reactions: tbb043

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
This looks really interesting, I'd be interested in possibly finally getting started with MGS with this remake. I wouldn't be too quick to assume this will be shut down. Konami needs good PR these days real bad and endorsing this remake would be a good place to start. Also, several fan remakes have survived in the past-- Black Mesa is even sold on Steam now.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
This won't totally get a C&D and its development won't at all get halted

I understand these guys are hungry for attention, hype and e-penis stroking but when there is a 100% chance of your work getting shut down, you should probably hold out with the announcements until the game is released.
At least they are aware of any eventualities!

Reactions: HaloEffect17
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I like the way he thinks but he's forgetting that Konami only thinks of ways to make money from their games and what better way than pachinko machines? It combines popular franchises and the addictiveness of keep popping coins into it.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We just need to clarify something:

Konami owns the MGS copyright and therefore sooner or later we will need their full permission.

We have therefore chosen to openly share this project from the beginning so that we can deal with any issues that may arise as they come.

We believe this is better than putting years of work into a project only to get it shut down.

Thanks for your attention,
Airam.

Idiot, the way you do this sort of thing is to just release it when it's done, so it's out there (once something's out there, it's out there) not some ridiculous hope that Konami will be so pleased with your openness that out of the kindness of their hearts they'll just miraculously decide to grant permission.

Please, respect this decision.

No. No more than I respect the decision of someone who gets drunk and plays russian roulette.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
While the choice of words is rather harsh, I agree. You can't get something off the internet once it's been uploaded. Until then, a C&D can completely kill a project with legal repercussions. After release, you can delete the file from your server, it'll circulate as it pleases.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks really interesting, I'd be interested in possibly finally getting started with MGS with this remake. I wouldn't be too quick to assume this will be shut down. Konami needs good PR these days real bad and endorsing this remake would be a good place to start. Also, several fan remakes have survived in the past-- Black Mesa is even sold on Steam now.
You owe it to yourself to play the original PS1 title in all its glory. It's completely playable as it has aged well, do it!

Reactions: Prans

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but all these UE4 demonstrations simply show that people just don't have ideas of their own anymore. Why make up something original when you can use someone else's property and pray to the Almighty that the owners of said property won't take negative action towards you?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm sorry, but all these UE4 demonstrations simply show that people just don't have ideas of their own anymore. Why make up something original when you can use someone else's property and pray to the Almighty that the owners of said property won't take negative action towards you?
They're just like Hollywood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: