Fan-made Final Fantasy VII: Re-Imagined 2D Beat 'Em Up has a playable demo

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Aug 17, 2015.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    gflol.PNG

Final Fantasy VII: Re-Imagined is a project made by fans of the original game. We re-imagined how the game would be like if it's an action game. Classic 2D Side-scrollers, such as Dragons and Dungeons: Chronicles of Mystara, Streets of Rage, etc, came to our minds. We thought about how we can incorporate some of the FFVII game play elements, such as Materia and summoning of Guardian Force into a Hack and Slash genre. The result is what you can see above.

ff_ss_tifa.JPG ff_ss6.JPG ff7_3.JPG ff7SPT.jpg

:arrow:Official Site

2. VartioArtel

VartioArtel Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2012
    United States
    "Summoning of Guardian Force"

loco365 and weavile001 like this.
  3. SavvyTaco

SavvyTaco Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2011
    United States
    No.
    This is probably gonna get C&D'ed soon.

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Knights of the Round is my favorite GF.

5. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    [​IMG]
    That one looks like FF7 and that one looks like Cease & Desist!

6. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    This looks pretty damn good. Hell, if this got a proper release I'd be on it like worthless on Nicki Minaj. Shame it'll likely see the light of day thanks to corporate greed 'cause they need ALL the money. Of course we'd be more disposed to give them money if they made fun games like this instead of pushing their luck and seeing just how little effort they can get away with, see Lightning Returns for that particular crash course in utter failure and contempt for the audience.

7. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I can see them sending a C&D for this out of greed, but not out of monetary greed. This demo doesn't cost money, and it's not like this thing existing will make them lose money in any way. They gain nothing other than pride from doing such a thing. It's not like fan-translation of Type-0, where they announced an official localization soon after.

8. Blaze163

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    It's monetary greed, it always is. They don't want anyone else making money off this idea in case they decide to do it themselves. Even if they never do, they'd rather have it in their back pocket than in someone else's.

WhiteMaze and TeamScriptKiddies like this.
  9. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Again, no one would make money off of this. The legality of the demo is questionable enough as a free product, but the second they charged people for it, SE's lawyers' eyes would become dollar signs. And in the extremely off chance that SE actually makes something like this, this demo's existence will have negligible, if any, impact on its sales.

10. Blaze163

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Greedy people don't work on logic, they work on crushing the remote possibility that other people could take what they view as rightfully theirs. If there's even the slightest chance that this demo might one day make a single dollar instead of Square Enix making that dollar, then they'll rip its throat out.

WhiteMaze and TeamScriptKiddies like this.
  11. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I wanna play it but the website seems to be down or something. :-/

P.S.: For the love of god change the name of the game, devs! :(

12. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Looks like the website is already down. Probably being C&D to death. Shame, i really wanted to try this, it looks great!

13. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I can still access this Site no problem.

14. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    You sonovabitch you got my hopes up. >:'(

Can someone please provide a download link to get the demo, please? :)

15. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Do any of you have something positive to say? Why must Gbatemp users always go straight to "oh probs going to get a c&d no point" whenever a fanmade project comes about, by that logic then whats the point in eating if you're going to starve anyway. Stop actling like nihilists and enjoy whatever fanmade work people make (unless its bad then you can point at it and laugh).

16. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2013
    FFVII fan game went to shit FTL.

EDIT: Well, I can access their website now.

Lets all hope to god that Shit Enix lets this go.

Fantastic work on this. Simply fantastic work.

Last edited by WhiteMaze, Aug 19, 2015
  17. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Because it's how SquareEnix acts with fan games. Didn't you know that already? :rolleyes:

18. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    I knew that sure, past experience with all those Chrono Trigger hacks and remakes but that means nothing. That's like saying there's no point in doing anything because we're going to die anyway. People shouldn't be so negative at the thought that it might get a C&D, you have a chance of getting a C&D when you make any sort of fan content. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Getting sick of Chrome's "We don't like NPAPI" bull shit. Their site seems to be very slow, so I can tell it's self hosted, glad they used a torrent for the download itself!

EDIT: Just played it, this is actually VERY cool!! I'm going to keep it in my storage drive in case Squeenix decides to shut them down. :P

Last edited by Selim873, Aug 18, 2015
  20. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Sigh, you mean this?

Capture.PNG

Selim873 likes this.
  21. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Yea, even though you can enable the NPAPI flag, and I've done this before, Google said themselves that they're going to just trash it completely from Chrome pretty soon. That's a big deal because SO many sites still depend on it. They can't just remove something that important because it's considered "legacy". Other browsers are keeping it for compatibility reasons. I'm literally on Firefox now and I had just uninstalled Chrome.

EDIT: Okay, that took WAY TOO FREAKING LONG to post... The accidental double post right there is literally my second attempt on Firefox and it merged when I gave up and tried to post on Chrome.

So Chrome doesn't like NPAPI and FireFox can't get it's shit together or it just wants to post every fucking reply on GBATemp with a 2 minute delay...! *Earth shattering head desk*

Can a mod please remove that reply of mine where it's just a period...? I'm tired, the FF7 demo was great... eeaugh...

Last edited by Selim873, Aug 18, 2015