Homebrew Fan made english translation ds card doesnt work on 3ds

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i bought a fan translated phisical cartridge of fire emblem new mystery of the emblem and the 3ds just sees a white card and when you launch it you get white screen, even using twl launcher or what is called i got my new 3ds hacked with luma and such is there any solution to play this fan translated cartridge on my new 3ds xl?

the game works fine on my original DS the phat one but its so beaten up and screen so small if there is a solution to play it on new 3ds xl i would apreciate it.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i bought a fan translated phisical cartridge of fire emblem new mystery of the emblem and the 3ds just sees a white card and when you launch it you get white screen, even using twl launcher or what is called i got my new 3ds hacked with luma and such is there any solution to play this fan translated cartridge on my new 3ds xl?

the game works fine on my original DS the phat one but its so beaten up and screen so small if there is a solution to play it on new 3ds xl i would apreciate it.
Nope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess so.
Is this the one?
The most likely reason why this doesn't work on the 3DS is because of the game cart whitelist that's blocking it. You can try bypassing this with NTR Launcher, although this wasn't programmed for DS game carts in mind.

The JPN, 128 MB source rom has a CRC-32 hash of B6AF36B5. More information about this game can be found at:

When you apply the FE12_v3_01.delta (2.54 MB - 14CD7638) patch found at romhacking.net, you get the English patched rom (128 MB - 889BE26F).

You can go one step further as this game is still being worked on:

If you patch the already patched rom (889BE26F) again with fe12_update_beta2.xdelta (480 KB - 4FE37E19), you'll finally get the Beta 2 rom (82.4 MB - EEA09777).

I tried this game on both my R4i Gold 3DS RTS flashcart and TWiLight Menu++ v6.6.1 without problems using the provided For Flashcarts.sav file (512 KB - D7B4CD6F) from the Bonus Content folder; however, I refuse to go past the Prologue and test this in actual game battle due to personal principle. *

If you've ever watched the movie Grave of the Fireflies, you'll understand the feeling of never again picking up certain medias no matter how good they are. I enjoy the Fire Emblem game play, but their stories are another subject.

Reactions: emuashui

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is this the one?
The most likely reason why this doesn't work on the 3DS is because of the game cart whitelist that's blocking it. You can try bypassing this with NTR Launcher, although this wasn't programmed for DS game carts in mind.

The JPN, 128 MB source rom has a CRC-32 hash of B6AF36B5. More information about this game can be found at:

When you apply the FE12_v3_01.delta (2.54 MB - 14CD7638) patch found at romhacking.net, you get the English patched rom (128 MB - 889BE26F).

You can go one step further as this game is still being worked on:

If you patch the already patched rom (889BE26F) again with fe12_update_beta2.xdelta (480 KB - 4FE37E19), you'll finally get the Beta 2 rom (82.4 MB - EEA09777).

I tried this game on both my R4i Gold 3DS RTS flashcart and TWiLight Menu++ v6.6.1 without problems using the provided For Flashcarts.sav file (512 KB - D7B4CD6F) from the Bonus Content folder; however, I refuse to go past the Prologue and test this in actual game battle due to personal principle. *

If you've ever watched the movie Grave of the Fireflies, you'll understand the feeling of never again picking up certain medias no matter how good they are. I enjoy the Fire Emblem game play, but their stories are another subject.
still nothing, ntr launcher shows the ds boot screen and then white screen

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Do you have any other DS game cart, DS flashcart, or DSiWare titles to try out? Maybe your DS(i) mode broke when your 3DS was hacked with custom firmware.
ds games and dsi work fine i was playing the "new" cartridge of fire emblem shadow dragon(those china made games on cartridge on ebay) on my new 3ds just before, i think its the way they made the translations that the cartridge cant start on 3ds or even dsi.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ds games and dsi work fine i was playing the "new" cartridge of fire emblem shadow dragon(those china made games on cartridge on ebay) on my new 3ds just before, i think its the way they made the translations that the cartridge cant start on 3ds or even dsi.
You're better off investing in a DS flashcart and hack/translation patching the roms yourself. If you don't have one already, get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus or use TWiLight Menu++.

Reactions: E1ite007

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're better off investing in a DS flashcart and hack/translation patching the roms yourself. If you don't have one already, get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus or use TWiLight Menu++.
i found out why the game kept freezing on me i was using ysmenu due to being able to autoboot anything and the game just isnt compatible and freezes left and right, i got back into flashcard original fw and the game now works fine, is there any cfw i could use besides ys menu that can allow me to autoboot a game on the microsd card whithout having to choose it everytime?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found out why the game kept freezing on me i was using ysmenu due to being able to autoboot anything and the game just isnt compatible and freezes left and right, i got back into flashcard original fw and the game now works fine, is there any cfw i could use besides ys menu that can allow me to autoboot a game on the microsd card whithout having to choose it everytime?
I have no experience with the r4isdhc.com family of flashcarts nor the YSMenu kernel. Sorry bud. :/

From Czechia a 3DS user who's excellent with the soldering iron among other things, I call @Kubas_inko. Do you know anything about auto launching a rom from YSMenu?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have no experience with the r4isdhc.com family of flashcarts nor the YSMenu kernel. Sorry bud. :/

From Czechia a 3DS user who's excellent with the soldering iron among other things, I call @Kubas_inko. Do you know anything about auto launching a rom from YSMenu?
ys menu is easy to put autoboot, you just edit the ini and the flashcard starts automatically on that game, but like i said ysmenu seems imcompatible with fan translations since the game keeps crashing, i wanted to know if any other fw that can be used on r4 or r4i has that same functionality.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Afaik, ysmenu is the only alternative to most flashcards, so good if you want to bypass the time bomb, but has worse game compatibility. You can try different versions if you canr find them. Otherwise, you might be out of luck, if you want other kernels for your flashcard.

I never even knew that game autolaunching was possible with any kernel on any flashcard.
(That's all I can add to this conversation. Its not much, but its something.)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-