• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

fan made attack on titan game

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need some help here. I'm planning to create a game based on the shingeki no kyojin anime series, it will be produced using Unity3d. The game will go through the story of the battle against the titans. The main character in the game will be Eren just like the manga/anime. It will go through Eren, Mikisa and Armin training to join the recon corps. The bit i need help and tips with is the gameplay element should i impliment a role playing structure and environment or make it more of an action hack/slash game or anything else?
Thanks

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
So, you basically want opinions on what type of game to make?
Think of what suits the series better and what will be easier to make. After all, I don't think many people will be willing to work on this.
Also, if it's a fangame, bear in mind that you have to release the game for free. Companies don't like it when people steal their IPs for money.

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, you basically want opinions on what type of game to make?
Think of what suits the series better and what will be easier to make. After all, I don't think many people will be willing to work on this.
Also, if it's a fangame, bear in mind that you have to release the game for free. Companies don't like it when people steal their IPs for money.

it will be a free game don't want to be sued

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
it will be a free game don't want to be sued

Good. Now to other stuff:
Unity3D, huh. That means that you'll be using 3D graphics and such. Do you have any experience with 3D modelling and animation? If not, it'd be a better idea to stay in 2D. Also, you have to have some mechanics in your head to make a game. Otherwise if you make them up on the fly, your game will fail. You've got a story thought up, which is good, because you can build the mechanics around the story, so they fit better. After all, you wouldn't put a turn-based RPG in a Sonic game...oh wait.

Reactions: kaylin martin

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So, you want to expand upon that game? Interesting. I would actually love to see it. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to help you with this plan, I lack the proper skills to do it. Sorry.

kaylin martin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, you want to expand upon that game? Interesting. I would actually love to see it. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to help you with this plan, I lack the proper skills to do it. Sorry.

I myself lack some skill but i am willing to give it ago and take it as a learning experience xD.
thanks for the enthusiasm :lol: means alot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."