Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're a timeline theorist then you have spent more than a fair share of time thinking about and trying to place the many wars of Hyrule, in addition to chronologically organizing the Zelda games. And while we know that there have been wars in Hyrule, we know that we wil never see them because the gameplay would be too radically different from the Zelda formula.

Up until now we've only seen glimpses of that war through fan art and fan fiction, but today that changes.

A team at Total War Center is currently working on a mod for PC game Medieval 2: Total War so that all the characters are replaced with characters and races from the land of Hyrule. They've dubbed it Hyrule: Total War.

The game will include a total of 20 factions. These are the Kingdom of Hyrule, Gerudos, Gorons, Zoras, Kokiri, Gohma, the Ordona Province, the Lanayru Province, the Deku Tribes, Moblins, Sheikah, Darknut Legion, Lizafos, Labrynna Regime, Fairies of Tarm, Kingdom of Ikana, Forces of Twilight, Order of the Wizzrobe, and Oocca.

It's truly surprising how many races they choose to represent. I wouldn't have thought to include the Lanayru Province as a separate race, but I am now intrigued by the idea. If you're interested in reading full descriptions and bios for each race,
As you may have noticed from the above opening cinematic, each race is composed of different ranks and heroes

source
www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421448
Video

it looks really cool

Reactions: 1 person

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. As much as I dislike playing games on the PC, I am very, very tempted to try this. I am a massive Zelda fan and it seems that the community it really showing a lot more appreciation in this last while. I need to play this mod.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix the source link please.
Also, here is a demo featuring 15 factions, no campaign though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P71M24BY

Since it's a fan made mod, I'm fairly sure it's ok to post here. If not, mod please remove that link.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
wow, that looks better than any official Zelda game ever made (until Zelda on the Wii U maybe :P )
certainly worth a shot, and their trailer video is quite enthusiasting as well

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is the game base free to play?

Nope the game is retail, but I did pick up the gold edition for E10,- It's dirt cheap because the game is somewhat dated.

OT: I want to see what the end result will be, I saw a lot of jerkiness during the video. It's a cool concept though and very well done for a fan-made mod.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
too bad Link is not in this game
I know that the trailer says that there is no "Hero" but I dont think they keep him out 100%. I am personally not too sure about how the Total War games work, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in there as a cameo or a hero character or something.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
too bad Link is not in this game
I know that the trailer says that there is no "Hero" but I dont think they keep him out 100%. I am personally not too sure about how the Total War games work, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in there as a cameo or a hero character or something.
total war is an rts known for it's huge battles with tons of units onscreen. It starts off with a turned based game map [think civilization] here you can move armies, create armies in the cities, be diplomatic with other nations, control the members of your monarchy. The rts part is the battles where you can fight on open land, or try to siege/defend your cities. There are sea battles but the fighting is done automatically [once again like civ]
that's about how brief I can make the description of the game, it is very deep [generals can betray you, you can marry off you sons and daughters to gain faith with other nations for example] and fun game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg