Fan Favorite Character Karin Returns in Street Fighter V

The long-awaited return of one of the most popular Street Fighter characters ever was announced live moments ago at Tokyo Game Show (TGS) in Japan. Karin Kanzuki, last appearing in Street Fighter Alpha 3, is officially making her highly anticipated return to the series and has been confirmed for Street Fighter V. Attendees at TGS are invited to play the new demo build that includes Karin, in addition to all of the previously announced new and returning challengers: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Vega, M. Bison, Birdie, Charlie Nash, Necalli, Rashid and R. Mika. The Street Fighter V roster count is now at 12... who will be next?

Behind Karin's golden locks and razer-sharp sharp wit lies a true martial artist trained in the unique "Kanzuki style" of fighting. Utilizing her new dash move allows her to close distances quickly with her opponents and go in for quick high-low attacks or throws. Her well-rounded skills allow her to possess a full set of tools and deploy a wide array of strikes and maneuvers that will have opponents feeling the pressure. For fans who've longed for her return, or for those just looking for a quick fighter with lots of versatility, Karin is a welcome addition to Street Fighter V!

Also announced today, the Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) has been confirmed as the official community destination that will be integrated into the online infrastructure of Street Fighter V. Fans and players will be able to visit CFN at any time to view player profiles, match statistics, replay videos, as well as register friends and send battle invitations. Players can quickly and easily see where the action is happening via a global "heat map" and stay up to date on the latest game news and tournament information. Additional CFN details and features will be shared in the coming months leading up to the release of Street Fighter V.

01_Pose_1442411893.png 02_Win_Screen_1442411895.png 03_Rekka_1442411896.png 04_Post_CA_1442411897.png 05_Dash_1442411897.png 06_Special_Kick_1442411898.png
07_CA_Start_1442411899.png 08_Punch_1_1442411900.png 09_Kick_2_1442411901.png 10_CA_1442411902.png 11_CA_Hit_1442411902.png 12_Shoulder_1442411903.png

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome news! It's looking like SFV will be the title that finally takes me 'next-gen' after sitting on the fence about which console to go with since they all launched... although my xbox friends will hate me.

Reactions: T-hug

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still say that this game being only on PS4 was a bold move by Capcom, many who compete will hate this and prolly already do. Game is OK at best (Needs Juri)

Reactions: duwen

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay.. now go EX and put in Pullum or Hokuto.

Can't see what is so special about the fighting style of her by the way. Enlightenment allowed.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still say that this game being only on PS4 was a bold move by Capcom, many who compete will hate this and prolly already do. Game is OK at best (Needs Juri)
I kind of agree (just from the selfish standpoint of 'shiiiit - I need to buy a new console'), but most tournaments went with PS3 exclusive hardware (for multi-plat games) at least 2 years ago - switching up to PS4 exclusivity isn't anything too radical really.
...I'd still like it on my 360 though, just coz of all my various fight controllers :unsure:

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I kind of agree (just from the selfish standpoint of 'shiiiit - I need to buy a new console'), but most tournaments went with PS3 exclusive hardware (for multi-plat games) at least 2 years ago - switching up to PS4 exclusivity isn't anything too radical really.
...I'd still like it on my 360 though, just coz of all my various fight controllers :unsure:
Isn't SFV for PC as well? Every peripheral works on PC. There is also crossplay with PS4 userbase, last I heard.

D

Deleted User

True, but it would cost me more to upgrade my PC to a respectable gaming specification than a PS4 will cost me.
Not really, a well budgeted $500 Gaming PC could output basically what a PS4 would look like. You need to remember that this gen was the released under powered in comparison to high tier PC's which was a strange move but all they could do now I guess, technologies moving too fast for them to keep up (and getting more expensive)

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
True, but it would cost me more to upgrade my PC to a respectable gaming specification than a PS4 will cost me.
Yeah I guess it all depends on where your current PC is at right now.
Though, if you lose the ability to plug your current 360 accessories, that is effectively some monetary damage. My stick with custom sanwa parts costed a total of ~$150 back in the day; I've been holding off purchasing a driving wheel accessory for the very reason of console compatibility, it's scary to potentially throw all that money into the trash, for a single accessory.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just going say this caps ENOUGH OF THE STREET FIGHTER BULL SHIT CAPCOM!! really it's starting to grind my gears...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!