Thanks to @Subtle Demise For the Troubleshooting Help!!! SOLUTION: Change Chinese Character File Name to Roman Characters TO MOD: Please feel free to shutdown this post now. Does anyone have any experience using DeSmuME 0.9.11 playing NDS games? I am currently working on a project examining fan-translated Chinese ROMs. At work, I use a MacBook running OpenEmu that has no issue with the Chinese bootlegs. However, when I try to load the ROMs onto my PC, running Windows 10, the ROM's simply won't load. The emulator simply refuses to read the ROM. I checked what loader OpenEmu is using, and as it turns out, it is also using DeSuME 0.9.11, but I can open the Chinese bootlegs without any issue. I also tried using RetroArch and I get the same issue, Retroacts cannot read the file. When I downloaded the roms from Chinese cyberspace they were all compressed in a .7z format. I extracted the roms and they are in .nds format. Thanks for any input you can provide.