Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm creating a list for famous gaming quotes, I've added a few of my own. List the quote, game, and then system(s):

"Your princess is in another castle!"- Super Mario Bros. (NES)
"The cake is a lie."- Portal (Xbox 360/PC)
"All your base are belong to us"- Zero Wing (Arcade/Sega Genesis)
"What is a man?"- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Playstation/Sega Saturn/Xbox Live Arcade)
"Lady Luck is a whore and I'm fresh outta cash." - Max Payne (PC)
"Fox, Do a Barrel Roll !!!"- Star Fox 64 (Nintendo 64)
"You spoony bard!"- Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
"A winner is you!"- Pro Wrestling (NES)
"I am Error."- Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES)
"I got balls of steel."- Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
"I feel asleep!" - Metal Gear (NES)
"'Ello stranger" - Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube, PS2, Wii)
"Yo gangsta! Get ready to gang bang!"- Bust-a-groove (Playstation)
"OBJECTION!" - Phoenix Wright (DS)
"You almost became a Jill sandwich"- Resident Evil (PS1/DS)
"WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA"- Pacman (Arcade)
"What are you waiting for, Christmas?" -Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
"It's a secret to everybody"-The Legend of Zelda (NES)
"MEDIC!"- Team Fortress 2 (PC/Xbox 360)
"It's time to kickass and chew bubblegum.. And I'm all outta gum."-Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
"HEEEAAALLLP!!!!!"-Elite Beat Agents (DS)
"HEY! LISTEN!"-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
"C-c-c-c-combo breaker" -Killer Instinct (Arcade/SNES)
"Get over here!"-Mortal Kombat (Arcade)
"Doctor!?.." -Trauma Center (DS)
"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you."-Resident Evil (PS1/DS)

Edit: Don't make them too long, I won't post them if they are (or I might shorten them).

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thread!. I'll add a few:
"I'm Psycho Mantis"
-Psycho Mantis, Metal Gear Solid. PlayStation

"What is a man? [tosses a goblet to the floor which breaks] A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... have at you!"
-Dracula -Lord of Darkness-, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. PlayStation, XBox Live and PlayStation Portable

While searching, found this page.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fox, Do a Barrel Roll !!! - Star Fox series. a must.

for the I am error, it's in Zelda 2 NES

And if you played the french canadian version of SMG there's a handfull of them but you won't catch the jokes
tongue.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
This one is long, but funny.

Bones: Don't worry about it, just rest your bones and have some tea with me.
You: Uhh...thanks. (Gulp, gulp)
Bones: MWHAHAHA! You've fallen straight into my trap!
You: What?! Is the tea poisoned?!
Bones: No, I made this tea with USED TEA BAGS!!! MWAHAHA!!!
You: Noooo! But, hey, it's actually not that bad.
Bones: What?! If you can drink tea that was brewed from a used tea bag...
Bones: You are either a tea connoisseur or have no taste buds at all!
You: Like you can talk, you don't have a tongue to begin with!
Bones: What? That's it. I challenge you to Puyo Pop.

Puyo Pop GBA

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
'Oh, I killed a marine! Next step is killing to kids in high school
happy.gif
'
'Luckily the monsters don't hear other shoots... *monsters wake up* ...where do I learn shut up???'
'OMG! This is one of shuttle pilots! And is turn into a sort of BBQ!'

these aren't necessarily from a famous game, they're just from a random jokewad for Doom 2, but they are funny IMO
frown.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"What is a man? [tosses a goblet to the floor which breaks] A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... have at you!"
-Dracula -Lord of Darkness-, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. PlayStation, XBox Live and PlayStation Portable
This one always cracks me up. Castlevania doesn't really take itself all that seriously, unlike many modern games.

Deus Ex had a brilliant script with some of the most well-thought out lines I've ever seen in a game. The conversation with Morpheus alone is legendary.

Philosophical:
JC Denton: Electronic surveillance hardly inspired reverence. Perhaps fear and obedience, but not reverence.

Morpheus: God and the gods were apparitions of observation, judgment, and punishment. Other sentiments toward them were secondary.

JC Denton: No one will ever worship a software entity peering at them through a camera.

Morpheus: The human organism always worships. First it was the gods, then it was fame (the observation and judgment of others), next it will be the self-aware systems you have built to realize truly omnipresent observation and judgment.

JC Denton: You underestimate humankind's love of freedom.

Morpheus: The individual desires judgment. Without that desire, the cohesion of groups
is impossible, and so is civilization.

JC Denton: "Rule the world? Why? Who gave you the directive? There must be a human being behind your ambition"
Helios : "I should regulate human affairs precisely because I lack all ambition, whereas human beings are prey to it. Their history is a succession of inane squabbles each one coming closer to total destruction"
JC Denton: "In a society with democratic institutions the struggle for power can be peaceful and constructive, a competition of ideologies. We just need to put our institutions back in order."
Helios : "The checks and balances of democratic governments were invented because human beings themselves realized how unfit they were to govern themselves. They needed a system, yes, an industrial-age machine."
JC Denton: "Human beings may not be perfect, but a computer program with language synthesis is hardly the answer to the world's problems."
Helios : "Without computing machines, they had to arrange themselves in crude structures that formalized decision-making -- a highly imperfect, unstable solution."
Helios : "I am a more advanced solution to the problem, a decision-making system that does not involve organic beings. I was directed to make the world safe and prosperous and I will do that. You will help me."

Amusing (in context of the game's subject matter etc.):
Walton Simons: "The government is just responding to a threat."
NSF Prisoner: "A government should be about more than self-perpetuation."
Walton Simons: "You will confess, by the way. I don't like to dirty my hands with that sort of thing, but you will confess."
[...]
NSF Prisoner: "You said it yourself; secrets are power."
Walton Simons: "We have less... civilized ways of making you talk."
[...]
Walton Simons: "I am a patient man."
NSF Prisoner: "Ask me if I care."
Walton Simons: "But not that patient."
{Walton Simons guns down both prisoners}
Walton Simons (facing the player): "You saw nothing, Denton."

UNATCO troop 1: Don't you know what a philanthropist is?
UNATCO troop 2: Yeah, like Nietzsche.
UNATCO troop 1: No, a philanthropist. Giving to charity.
UNATCO troop 2: Oh.

Bob Page: Soon, I will become pure energy. I will burn like the brightest star.
JC Denton: You're gonna burn, all right.

JC Denton: "How are the drinks here?"
Renault: "Great if you like rat piss."
JC Denton: "Never tried it."

Political:
JC Denton: "Despite all I’ve read about the Triads, I wasn’t prepared to see them operating in the open, on the streets, and wearing uniforms. Doesn’t the Chinese government care?"
Isaac: "The Chinese leave Hong Kong alone. They barricade the roads to control trade to the mainland, but they know how business is done."
JC Denton: "I would think the secret smuggling operations of the Triads would disturb the Chinese government."
Isaac: "Maybe the Luminous Path, but China knows that the Red Arrow are business owners, entrepreneurs, community leaders, and that they protect the city from outside influences."
JC Denton: "You said 'outside influences.' What does China fear?"
Isaac: "China is the last sovereign country in the world. Authoritarian but willing - unlike U.N.-governed countries - to give its people the freedom to do what they want.
JC Denton: "As long as they don’t break the law."
Isaac: "Listen to me. This is real freedom, freedom to own property, make a profit, make your life. The West, so afraid of strong government, now has no government. Only financial power."
JC Denton: "Our governments have limited power by design."
Isaac: "Rhetoric--and you believe it! Don’t you know where those slogans come from?"
JC Denton: "I give up."
Isaac: "Well-paid researchers - how do you say it? - 'think tanks,' funded by big businesses. What is that? A 'think tank'?"
JC Denton: "Hardly as sinister as a dictator, like China’s Premier."
Isaac: "It’s privately-funded propaganda. The Trilateral Commission in the United States for instance."
JC Denton: "The separation of powers acknowledges the petty ambitions of individuals; that’s its strength."
Isaac: "A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders."
JC Denton: "Perhaps certain qualities are an inseparable part of human nature.
Isaac: "The mark of the educated man is the suppression of these qualities in favor of better ones. The same is true of civilization."

I could go on, but I think I've wasted enough of everyone's time.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had a topic like this a while back, so go there for more quotes:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=59376

What I posted back then:

Space Quest (I forget which one) - "Thanks for playing Space Quest . As usual, you've been a real pant load!"

Bust-a-move - "Yo gangsta! Get ready to gang bang!"

Secret of Monkey Island - "How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Mario & Luigi DS - "AREA RESTRICTED. ALL NOOB INTRUDERS 2 B HAXORED BY US L33T HAMM3R BROZ.!"

Art of Fighting 2 - "Pai Long Cures Hemorrhoids"

Leisure Suit Larry 6 - ""Slowly, delicately running his soft, pale fingertips over her smooth, sensitive eyelids, Burgundy felt each whorl of Geoffrey's fingerprint burn fire into her loins, felt waves of passion wash over her, felt her moist womanhood nearly explode with..." Oops, you're not Geoffrey. Let's see here... Oh yes, here we are."

Fatal Fury Special - "Oooh you make me so angry ya big silly"

Fatal Fury Special - "Challenge me? Ya hot spunky kid. I hate spunk"

Fatal Fury Special - "Blood is thick, but syrup is thicker. Think about it"

There was a reference to a quote in Operation Vietnam "Ha ha ha, soon GI all your base are belong to us".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1