Famous console hackers are just actors

Cubedevelop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching Youtube videos by Geohot , Failoverflow and a few other young hacker guys lately, and all of them had one thing in common: they have so perfect conversation skills like experienced actors.
Geohot and others are somewhat goodlooking as well... something fishy here

Now, it is common knowledge that a genius hacker is almost always a nerd/autistic/sociopath that would NEVER expose himself like that. Too shy/ugly to expose himself and talk to the public.

I feel the real hackers are someone else while those on mainstream are just actors, ... but i wonder who paid them to act and why

Last edited by Cubedevelop,

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
No, I don't think so.
If you tip just about anyone, they'd turn into a completely different person.
And especially for Geohot, he's been in the news way back when he was Jailbreaking the first iPhones and iPod Touchs, so he already got experience and then some.

Cubedevelop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Super.Nova "If you tip " .... you mean somebody have been teaching them to speak in public before they go on Youtube/TV?
Well but then i am right :) There is somebody else behind them.

Also the fact they're goodlooking is fishy

Last edited by Cubedevelop,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

So... They're too good looking to be hackers? Mayhaps one has a crush on them? :wub:
(•̀⌄•́)

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well people never believe me when i tell them that i'm a nerd and don't believe me i own every console avaible and in 2 latests technologie and pc parts and so on till they see it. There is more to appearance than meets the eye ;)

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
well people never believe me when i tell them that i'm a nerd and don't believe me i own every console avaible and in 2 latests technologie and pc parts and so on till they see it. There is more to appearance than meets the eye ;)
Definitely. People are surprised when I tell them i'm in my mid 20's. They think i'm a teenager. They at first deny and don't believe me.
So... They're too good looking to be hackers? Mayhaps one has a crush on them? :wub:

Apparently the OP thinks the hackers are hot. He's probably just finding feelings he's never felt before.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching Youtube videos by Geohot , Failoverflow and a few other young hacker guys lately, and all of them had one thing in common: they have so perfect conversation skills like experienced actors.
Geohot and others are somewhat goodlooking as well... something fishy here

Now, it is common knowledge that a genius hacker is almost always a nerd/autistic/sociopath that would NEVER expose himself like that. Too shy/ugly to expose himself and talk to the public.

I feel the real hackers are someone else while those on mainstream are just actors, ... but i wonder who paid them to act and why
You don't know the first thing about real hackers, kid. They are people. The real world isn't Big Bang Theory or NCIS or whatever other idiotic things you base your idea of what a skilled programmer is supposed to be.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't know the first thing about real hackers, kid. They are people. The real world isn't Big Bang Theory or NCIS or whatever other idiotic things you base your idea of what a skilled programmer is supposed to be.
You mean stuff like this ?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Almost always. Which is why there are relatively few posting youtube videos.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
"a genius hacker is almost always a nerd/autistic/sociopath"

what

what kind of drugs are you on?
If you want to say such things, make sure to back them up with statistical data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sooo.... you tell people you're a nerd? uh...

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"a genius hacker is almost always a nerd/autistic/sociopath"

what

what kind of drugs are you on?
If you want to say such things, make sure to back them up with statistical data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sooo.... you tell people you're a nerd? uh...
And what is wrong with that according to you ? Saying it makes it less like that ? Pls don't turn it in 2 a semantics discussion ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head