GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the Famitsu reviews for this week (July 29)-

[DS]Tsuki Bit - 7,7,6,7 (27/40)
[DS]Akogare Girls Collection: Suteki ni Nurse Days - 7,7,7,7 (28/40)
[DS]Bleach DS 4th: Flame Bringer - 8,8,7,8 (31/40)
[DS]Irodzuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip - 9,8,8,9 (34/40)
[DS]Hottarake no Shima Kanata to Nijiiro no Kagami - 7,6,7,8 (28/40)
[DS]Blood of Bahamut - 8,8,7,8 (31/40)
[DS]Neko Neko Bakery DS - 5,6,6,5 (22/40)
[DS]Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood - 8,6,6,8 (28/40)
[DS]Miami Crisis - 8,8,6,7 (29/40)
[DS]Item Getter: Bokura no Kagaku to Mahou no Kankei - 7,7,6,6 (26/40)
[DS]Sekai Fushigi Hakken DS: Densetsu no Hitoshi-kun Ningyou o Sagase - 6,6,5,5 (22/40)

[PSP]Hayarikami 3 - 8,8,8,7 (31/40)
[PSP]Tales of VS. - 8,8,8,8 (32/40)

[Wii]Kororinpa 2: Anthony to Kiniro Himawari no Tane - 7,7,6,6 (26/40)
[PS2/Wii]SD Gundam G Generation Wars - 9,8,8,8 (33/40)
[PS2]J-League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship - 7,8,8,8 (31/40)
[PS2]Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes - 4,6,5,5 (20/40)
[PS3/360]Red Faction Guerrilla - 9,9,9,9 (36/40)

[360]Magna Carta 2 - 8,7,7,7 (29/40)
[360]Dream C Club - 8,9,7,8 (32/40)

Hope I figured all those scores properly. Hate when I have to do a bunch together like that. Gets mixed up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369592

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Fraction Guerrilla got a pretty high score for what it is, Famitsu usually rate those low.

Irodzuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip should be highlighted too, really enjoyed the last DS game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Thanks for the post.

What's that Kororinpa 2? I thought we already had 2 (it was just called differently)
It's Marble Saga- Kororinpa 2 apparently. Which actually released here months ago according to Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/marbles...npa/review.html

It has been out since March apparently here, but is just coming to Japan this August. Kind of like the same delay as Sonic Chronicles here.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
[DS]Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood - 8,6,6,8 (28/40)

Yeah what 'improvements' did SEGA made in this version compare to the previous one...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they changed Sonic Chronicles at all. It was an American made game I hear, Bioware and all. It just now made it to Japan, so that's the reason behind the late review from Famitsu. As it is, it sums up my thoughts. Some parts definitely feel like an 8/10 game, while other parts feel like a 6/10 game. I've actually rarely had a game I'm so slit over in my opinions. Both mediocre and decent in different parts...

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
Satangel said:
Thanks for the post.

What's that Kororinpa 2? I thought we already had 2 (it was just called differently)
It's Marble Saga- Kororinpa 2 apparently. Which actually released here months ago according to Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/marbles...npa/review.html

It has been out since March apparently here, but is just coming to Japan this August. Kind of like the same delay as Sonic Chronicles here.
Hehe, I just remembered the first New Tempcast.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems like the 3rd reviewer almost always rates games lower than the others. Or is it just me who's weird?
And granville, you should highlight that Akogare Girls Collection game, too. You're a loli nurse and you have to heal people.

(Sexual Healing!) (Nah, just kidding...)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
These are the Famitsu reviews for this week (July 29)-

[DS]Akogare Girls Collection: Suteki ni Nurse Days - 7,7,7,7 (28/40)
[DS]Blood of Bahamut - 8,8,7,8 (31/40)

[PSP]Tales of VS. - 8,8,8,8 (32/40)

Bolded for curiosity reasons

Glad the both Blood of Bahamut and Tales of VS. got high scores.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some write ups of some games:

QUOTE said:
- Blood of Bahamut (8/7/7/8, 30 points): Everyone agreed that the game ("highly reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus") is very hard if you're taking it on in solo mode. "It's possible to beat the game in single mode," wrote one, "but it's a challenge and it requires repeated leveling and equipment powering. Even multiplayer assumes leveling; it's a pretty severe difficulty level." This may be good news to many, though, especially since the "awe-inspiring giant monsters" are neat and "the sense of achievement for defeating them is something unique."

- Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (9/8/8/9, 34 points): "Tingle's horrible personality (I mean that as a compliment) and the unique game world are exquisitely put together," wrote one reviewer. Everyone had a remarkable amount of good things to say about this loony adventure, from the humor and "stressless interface" to the hard-but-not-unfair puzzle aspects. "I like the toy box-like design," another stated.

- Tales of VS. (8/8/8/8, 32 points): As always, Famitsu never says anything that bad about a Tales game, even a Smash Bros.-y side story on the PSP. "The controls are simple," one wrote, "but the gameplay system is remarkably deep. It's pretty basic as a multiplayer game, but I get the impression that the charms of the series are well-represented."

- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (8/6/6/8, 28 points): This is just coming out now in Japan, believe it or not, and opinions from Famitsu's editors are mixed. Some complaints are small ("The font's tiny and hard to read, but I guess it would've been too hard to change since this is a port from the US version"); some are larger ("The touch-pen-only controls take a lot of the Sonic-like speediness away from the game"). Other reviewers had rosier opinions overall, though: "The interface might have some issues, but the puzzle-solving using your party's skills and the highly strategic battles are pretty addictive."

- Marble Saga: Kororinpa (7/7/6/6, 26 points): Again, this one came out in the US pretty far ahead of Japan, and again, opinions were pretty mixed. Reviewers had praise for the simple controls and the variety apparent in the stages; "it looks like a casual little thing at first, but a lot of stages are surprisingly tough," wrote one. But three out of four reviewers specifically called out the bits where you have jump or shoot your ball out a cannon: "It gets really hard all of a sudden, and it becomes this annoying trial-and-error process."

- Red Faction: Guerrilla (9/9/9/9, 36 points): "There's nothing else out there that lets you destroy everything like this action game," wrote one reviewer, as Red Faction easily scored the highest point rating for the week. "Being able to move around a giant map and engage in guerrilla operations gives you an enormous sense of freedom." It was obviously a pretty novel concept to the Japanese reviewers, who didn't complain much apart from the way that missions start to feel same-y towards the end.

- MagnaCarta II (8/8/7/7, 30 points): "There's a lot of terms and gameplay controls to remember at the beginning, but once you get used to the seamlessly-unfolding battles, you get a completely stressless sense of fun," one reviewer said. Others praised the title as "much more accessible" to a wider range of users than the previous game, but "since combos play such a huge role, you tend to use the same attack pattern over and over again, which is boring."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175350

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very much Hadrian! 1up is nice to give these write ups sometimes. Looks like it could be a hard game. That's a good thing. There are far too many games that are easy these days.
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I thought these scans where unconfirmed because the scans weren't in yet... well anyway, if they are the true scores, then I'm a bit disappointed in Blood of Bahamut and Magna Carta 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey