granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atlier Annie (DS): 7/7/7/7 (28/40)
Civilization Revolution (DS): 6/8/7/7 (28/40)
FFCC (DS): 8/7/7/8 (30/40)
Flash Action (DS): 8/8/7/7 (30/40)
World Soccer WE (PSP): 8/8/7/8 (31/40)
Soul Eater (PSP): 7/6/7/6 (26/40)
TotW: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP): 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
FFCC (Wii): 8/7/7/7 (29/40)
Tomb Raider (PS3, 360): 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
Soul Eater (PS2): 6/5/6/5 (22/40)
Ninja Blade (360): 8/8/8/8 (32/40)
End War (360): 8/9/8/9 (34/40)

New reviews, most prominently Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles Echoes of Time for both Wii and DS. Hope I tallied the scores up right. The (xx/40) wasn't given and I'm exhausted at the moment.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php...9608&page=4

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd expected the Wii version of FFCCEOT would have been rated a lot less what with it being a cheap ass port of the DS game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and I'd just stick with the DS version anyways. Looks decent, but I hope the single player mode is better than ROF.

Isn't there supposed to be some sort of DS-Wii linkage features between the two? Kind of like connecting a GBA to a Gamecube to play Zelda Four Swords or something...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Yeah, and I'd just stick with the DS version anyways. Looks decent, but I hope the single player mode is better than ROF.

Isn't there supposed to be some sort of DS-Wii linkage features between the two? Kind of like connecting a GBA to a Gamecube to play Zelda Four Swords or something...
The linking is purely multiplayer, like if you're friend is playing the Wii version then you can join them with your DS and also if you only have a Wii/DS you can go online and play with anyone playing the game on Wii/DS.

I guess with the Wii version having DS graphics the lag will be a lot better but its just shame that they didn't make the Wii game have better models are backgrounds as its pretty lazy of SE.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
granville said:

The linking is purely multiplayer, like if you're friend is playing the Wii version then you can join them with your DS and also if you only have a Wii/DS you can go online and play with anyone playing the game on Wii/DS.

I guess with the Wii version having DS graphics the lag will be a lot better but its just shame that they didn't make the Wii game have better models are backgrounds as its pretty lazy of SE.

Well considering that FFCC:RoF was a bit lazy from the original of FFCC on the Gamecube. Also the remakes of FFVII for the PSP, PS2, and maybe for the PS3. Yeah I'll consider that laziness by a whole lot. Although better graphics on the Wii doesn't mean it will lag less than lesser graphics. What I want to see is where does the wifi multiplayer come into play? I mean for Famitsu to give a 30/40 the multiplayer must be decent by their standards. I mean heck if FFCC:RoF had wi-fi multiplayer, it wouldn't strengthen the ratings much due to the fact of repetitive gameplay by only a mere increase of difficulty.

What I'm truly expecting in FFCC:EoT is a great and longer storyline with same mix of humor from the previous DS one. wi-fi multiplayer having a great replay value as far as dungeons goes and rare items. The magacite system can be use greatly like casting haste, protect, reflect, curaga, and the impossible ones 'holy and flare'. So far I'm looking at the wifi aspect of the game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FF review was brought into detail today. Apparently both the DS AND the Wii suffer lag. I totally get the DS having lag but the Wii? Come one!
sleep.gif

- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii: 8/7/7/7, 29 points; DS: 8/7/7/8, 30 points): “A very simple, straight-on follow-up to the last game. The balance and tempo ensures things never drag on much. There are niggles, but it’s simply a lot of fun. The game’s difficulty changes with the number of players, making things a bit difficult in single-player. It depends on the environment, but both the DS and Wii versions have heavy lag. A shame. There really isn’t much benefit to playing the Wii version. I would’ve at least liked to see the graphical quality bumped up to Wii standards.”

http://gonintendo.com/?p=70025

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over