GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Famitsu Rates Wii
Find out how the Japanese lineup was reviewed.

US, November 21, 2006 - Japan's biggest game magazine has given its opinion on the Wii, and the opinion seems to be, on the whole, positive.
A little over a week before the system's 12/2 Japanese release date, Famitsu reviewed the full lineup of launch titles. Here's how the games scored.

Necro Nesia (Spike): 8,7,6,7
Super Monkey Ball (Sega): 8,8,8,7
Wing Island (Hudson): 5,6,6,5
Kororinpa (Hudson): 6,6,6,6
SD Gundam Scud Hammers (Banpresto): 8,8,9,8
Ennichi no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco): 7,7,7,6
Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daitouryou (Bandai Namco): 7,7,7,5
Red Steel (Ubisoft): 8,9,9,8
Trauma Center (Atlus): 8,9,8,7
Elebits (Konami): 8,8,8,8
Super Swing Golf (Tecmo): 8,7,7,7
Odoru Made in Wario (Nintendo): 8,9,8,9
Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 9,10,9,10
Crayon Shin Chan (Banpresto): 7,8,7,6

For the interested, the GameCube version of Twilight Princess scored 10, 10, 9, 9 in this issue. All but one of the reviewers were different,
so it's hard to say which version the magazine preferred. The reviewer comments seemed to suggest that the GCN version, while lacking
some of the freshness of the Wii version, offers a feeling of precise control thanks to the standard control system.

[via IGN]

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It sort of bothers me that the only game in Famitsu which scored higher than Red Steel (68% on GameRankings) is Zelda (~95%+).

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Famitsu overrates everything.

if they do overrate EVERYTHING then its not really over-rating cause it makes it alll equal in the end
wink.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Famitsu has just about as much credibility as a bag of shit. They gave Nintendogs, Wind Waker, and FF12 a perfect score.

The day weeaboos stop taking their bullshit for some reason, holy japanese reviewers can't be wrong, the gaming world will put out a collective sigh of relief.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Famitsu has just about as much credibility as a bag of shit. They gave Nintendogs, Wind Waker, and FF12 a perfect score.

The day weeaboos stop taking their bullshit for some reason, holy japanese reviewers can't be wrong, the gaming world will put out a collective sigh of relief.

But then again those games are nothing short of PURE successes. Nintendogs have sold 4 million copies in Europe alone (read at gamespot
laugh.gif
), windwaker is totally awesome and FFXII will BE totally awesome, for one such as me who hasn't played it yet
rolleyes.gif

Now, what are the colour of my eyes.
happy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Famitsu dont really know much about games, I remember them scoring Sonic Riders quite high. No idea why people rate them so highly like "if they say its good then its good", perhaps its from their past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2