Famitsu Rates Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by lookout, Nov 22, 2006.

1. lookout
    OP

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Famitsu Rates Wii
    Find out how the Japanese lineup was reviewed.

US, November 21, 2006 - Japan's biggest game magazine has given its opinion on the Wii, and the opinion seems to be, on the whole, positive.
    A little over a week before the system's 12/2 Japanese release date, Famitsu reviewed the full lineup of launch titles. Here's how the games scored.

Necro Nesia (Spike): 8,7,6,7
    Super Monkey Ball (Sega): 8,8,8,7
    Wing Island (Hudson): 5,6,6,5
    Kororinpa (Hudson): 6,6,6,6
    SD Gundam Scud Hammers (Banpresto): 8,8,9,8
    Ennichi no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco): 7,7,7,6
    Tamagotchi no Pika Pika Daitouryou (Bandai Namco): 7,7,7,5
    Red Steel (Ubisoft): 8,9,9,8
    Trauma Center (Atlus): 8,9,8,7
    Elebits (Konami): 8,8,8,8
    Super Swing Golf (Tecmo): 8,7,7,7
    Odoru Made in Wario (Nintendo): 8,9,8,9
    Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 9,10,9,10
    Crayon Shin Chan (Banpresto): 7,8,7,6

For the interested, the GameCube version of Twilight Princess scored 10, 10, 9, 9 in this issue. All but one of the reviewers were different,
    so it's hard to say which version the magazine preferred. The reviewer comments seemed to suggest that the GCN version, while lacking
    some of the freshness of the Wii version, offers a feeling of precise control thanks to the standard control system.

[via IGN]

2. RyuKakashi

RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2006
    United States
    Famitsu overrates everything.

3. ChowMein

ChowMein GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2006
    Canada
    It sort of bothers me that the only game in Famitsu which scored higher than Red Steel (68% on GameRankings) is Zelda (~95%+).

4. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)

if they do overrate EVERYTHING then its not really over-rating cause it makes it alll equal in the end [​IMG]

5. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    only if you scale the scores [​IMG] lol

6. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    Famitsu has just about as much credibility as a bag of shit. They gave Nintendogs, Wind Waker, and FF12 a perfect score.

The day weeaboos stop taking their bullshit for some reason, holy japanese reviewers can't be wrong, the gaming world will put out a collective sigh of relief.

7. andallforwhat

andallforwhat Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2006
    United States
    They also gave Pokemon Dash something like a 37/40. Although that Zelda score does look good...

8. ugly_rose

ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2006

But then again those games are nothing short of PURE successes. Nintendogs have sold 4 million copies in Europe alone (read at gamespot [​IMG] ), windwaker is totally awesome and FFXII will BE totally awesome, for one such as me who hasn't played it yet [​IMG]

Now, what are the colour of my eyes. [​IMG]

9. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Yeah Famitsu dont really know much about games, I remember them scoring Sonic Riders quite high. No idea why people rate them so highly like "if they say its good then its good", perhaps its from their past.