Gaming family ski with balance board please help !!

goldshlager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i have family ski but i cant register my balance board its give me all the time a error message i guess its because the game cannot translate the language to english,anyway i cant register my balance board because i cant understand what the game telling me how to register
please help me and tell me how to register the balance board with family ski
thanks alot

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I second that, got the (pal) balance board but just can't seem to make it work, just keeps saying 'error no message'. Tried stepping on and off and doesn't do anything.

Help anyone?
rolleyes.gif

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goldshlager said:
hey guys i have family ski but i cant register my balance board its give me all the time a error message i guess its because the game cannot translate the language to english,anyway i cant register my balance board because i cant understand what the game telling me how to register
please help me and tell me how to register the balance board with family ski
thanks alot

I have the same issue also. I think the game was incomplete when BANDAI USA was doing their bit, so it doesn't work properly on NTSC-U machines. We'll just have to wait for We Ski to be released before we can get the balance board option working.

ratx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the board working... like MCorbet says you need to step off the board and onto it at the right time - just like in Wiifit. Try stepping off it at the first "no error" screen.

mkill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qatar
Exactly, when getting the numerous "NO ERROR MESSAGE" messages, at some point you will get the "NO ERROR" when stepping onto/off the board. It shouldn't be more than a few correct steps of footing.
rolleyes.gif

tomdfrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, I've got one balance board working with family ski. The trick is on the menu screen (where it lets you press a + b) click on the balance board icon, make sure the board is switched on and that you're NOT standing on it. Press a through the various messages and it should calibrate it.

Then select freestyle or whatever you want to do, select your character and daytime type, then when another 'no error' box pops up step on the board and press a, it'll then calibrate it to your weight.
When the game starts you should find the balance board is your left/right and your wii/nunchuck control speed.

Now... where I'm stuck is trying to get a second balance board to register for multiplayer. I saw a clip of USA today or something where they had four people skiing together on balance boards, I assumed the game was Family Ski and bought two boards accordingly, but I can't get even get two boards connected to the wii at the moment. Anyone had more luck than me?

Tom

go ghe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tomdfrost said:
Hey all, I've got one balance board working with family ski. The trick is on the menu screen (where it lets you press a + b) click on the balance board icon, make sure the board is switched on and that you're NOT standing on it. Press a through the various messages and it should calibrate it.

Then select freestyle or whatever you want to do, select your character and daytime type, then when another 'no error' box pops up step on the board and press a, it'll then calibrate it to your weight.
When the game starts you should find the balance board is your left/right and your wii/nunchuck control speed.

Now... where I'm stuck is trying to get a second balance board to register for multiplayer. I saw a clip of USA today or something where they had four people skiing together on balance boards, I assumed the game was Family Ski and bought two boards accordingly, but I can't get even get two boards connected to the wii at the moment. Anyone had more luck than me?

Tom

Thank you very much Tom,

I can play Family Ski with the balance board on my Wii now. It's so great, even my grand mom found so
biggrin.gif

Having a NTSC-US Wii wiikey clone modded with a Wii Fit game & balance board PAL, I haven't been able to run Wii Fit game on my Wii because of the update in the game so it was impossible to check if the balance board works

Now it's fine, I can use the balance board in Family Ski

For those in the same case like me (who have never used the balance board before), you can follow the Tom's guide but before stepping on the board you need to sync your balance board by pushing once the sync button on the balance board then the sync button on the Wii.

Voilà

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got it working right away. BUT...this game is an absolute nightmare with the balance board. It's totally uncontrollable. I'd rather stick to the Nunchuck/Wiimote scheme. Really dissapointing, as I hoped it would make the game more fun with the board.

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I don't get it. I have the jap. version, though no BalnceBoard yet, and language can be switched....to English. The Wii-internal language settiing has to be English. I thought that would already be the case at most of your Wii's as you're not from Europe, so i wonder why it still appears to be Japanese. However, you should try that out, it worked perfectly for me.

Have a nice sunday

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tomdfrost said:

Tom

Yeah Tom thank you so much, now I can ski all night!!

One thing I would say is that after you step on the board at first error msg and press a, I get another no error msg and have to step off the board and then back on it before pressing a again. Bit odd but seems to do the trick.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
tomdfrost said:

Tom

I read this yesterday on IGN:
We Ski can be played entirely with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. Of, if you have Wii Fit, you can ski with the Balance Board. The drawback is that the Board can only be used in single-player mode. Multiplayer is available for up to four people, but you'll have to leave the Board back at the cabin.

Whether this has been altered since the JAP release, we'll find out in a couple of weeks time

tomdfrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read something similar in the past, but I think that was just that you couldn't use the balance board for one player and wiimotes for the other. I assumed you'd be ok if both players were on boards. Sadly that looks like it's not the case at the moment
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte