Family Ski and Snowboard

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Bhampster, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Bhampster
    OP

Bhampster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Hi,

I have a problem and I did a search that came up empty. I don't know if this is the best place to ask for help.

My kids love the Family Ski and Snowboard game. I had loaded using USBLoader from the disc on our Wii some time ago and it was fine for a while but then would lock up upon load.

Now I have a softmodded VWii which is working great however the problem with this game remained.

So I checked compatibility listings and loaded a known compatible version. It loads and plays but upon exit back to Wii menu the Wii U/VWii locks up and I have to pull the power plug to recover.

Can anyone suggest where I could find help ?

Thanks,

Brian

2. H3llbender

H3llbender Cancer

Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Have you tried using other backup launchers like Configurable USB Loader, or Wiiflow?

3. Bhampster
    OP

Bhampster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    No... maybe I should... I've always used USBLoader. I think I tried wii flow once ... But I've been pretty much USB loader only..... In those other ones I wouldn't know where to start with configur-ing and options and stuff.

My biggest problem is I haven't really had problems. I guess I could try a couple of things even in USB loader but I don't know what should or would apply.

With the disc rip it was fine for several plays before developing a lock in the loading screen that never could be fixed. I removed the save game file but that didn't help.

With the confirmed compatable version it locks up on exit and the wii motes shut off... screen just black and the Wii U unresponsive....

?

I can try another loader or 2...

4. Bhampster
    OP

Bhampster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Hmmm... seems now madworld has the same problem. Game works but when I want to go back to wii menu I have to pull the plug on the wii.

I'm begining to wonder if something is up with my hard drive. I suppose I can test with a different one... esp since I have a backup drive.

Edit - Tried different hard drive with no luck. Tried WBFS partition (instead of NTFS) with no luck. I have found a couple other similar posts in various forums and they suggest Wii Flow is really the answer so I'll try that.

Edit 2 - Wii Flow didn't help either... Same behavior. I guess I'll flip random stuff in the load settings.

Last edited by Bhampster, Feb 10, 2016
  5. H3llbender

H3llbender Cancer

Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Try using FAT32 instead of NTFS or WBFS and then use Wii Backup Manager install it on your drive

6. Bhampster
    OP

Bhampster Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Thanks, I used to use Fat32... I can certainly try it.

I use wiibackup manager for approx everything.