Family Share - Unlocking Downloads...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by rileyil77, Jan 10, 2019.

1. rileyil77
    OP

rileyil77 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Hamilton, Alabama
    So, I've had my R-JTagged XBox 360 forever... I've also got 2 retail XBox 360's which are in my 10 year son's room and my 8 year old daughter's room. They love MineCraft. I purchased my 10 year old son the MineCraft XBox 360 Game like 2 weeks after the release from Walmart on a steal of a deal for $15.00 and then used my employee discount and got another 10% off. Anyway... Shortly after that they started fighting over the MineCraft game. I flashed both their XBox 360 DVD-Drives... All is solved... Nope, now several years later, my son has the original MineCraft DVD and my daughter's copy is missing. Right now I have no Dual-Layer DVD's to make her a copy. Using my wife's adult account on her XBox 360, I purchase a Digital Copy and it works great on either XBox 360... As long as the person is on my wife's account. Any other profile goes to use it and it plays as a demo. I called Microsoft. The man informs me that Family Sharing is not a feature of XBox 360, but is possible with XBox One. My 10 year old, is the only one with an XBox One at this point. I copied it over the R-JTag machine and any user profile can play and gets the FULL Version of the game. Is it possible to unlock the digital download using XM360 on the R-JTag or another program and putting it on the retail systems? Even if I have to move their hard drives with the USB HD Transfer cable, I will, but does anyone know if this will work?

Last edited by rileyil77, Jan 10, 2019
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    No.
    You can't unlock games/dlc/arcade games and put them on retail systems.
    Unlocking breaks signatures.

What you can do is transfer the license of your wifey her account onto another 360.
    Then that 360 can play Minecraft whilst your wife her account can play Minecraft on another xbox.

3. rileyil77
    OP

rileyil77 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Hamilton, Alabama
    Okay, I didn't think I could. But I just wanted to ask. Thanks again.

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    No problem!