1. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    No Thank You Bethesda... waiting for Elder Scrolls, hope they don't screw it up...

FGFlann likes this.
  2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    I know it's the cool thing to shit on steam's game library now, but this is a big game from a big publisher. If they wanted to, it would have gotten onto steam, Steam Direct or not.

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Eh, only among ignoramuses that would rather watch YTubers play games and talk about the industry as opposed to, you know, playing games.

I'd rather get my opinions from the last group of people. Primary sources as opposed to secondary sources, you know?

4. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I was trying to make a joke, whereby I refer to Bethesda as a scammer on the same level as the guys who targeted Jim Sterling and SidAlpha.

...Guess it wasn't much of a joke...oh well. I tried.

5. HylianBran

HylianBran Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Don't fix the game, just spread the broken pile of garbage to more platforms so more people can get infected. Duh, everybody knows that is the first thing you should ever think about when your game is critically panned across the board, just "well, we can still make money, so make more!". Actually though, my fucking dad plays this game all the time, somehow sinking like 100 hours into the fucking thing, and it's kinda sad. He genuinely likes the game and doesn't understand what everything wrong with it is. One time when I was around, he showed me his house in the game and as he was walking around, he was telling me that he does not understand why people say the game is broken, and then goes on to clip through his wall, disappear multiple times during SCRIPTED INTERACTIONS, textures kept bugging out, the game somehow dropped more frames than a drunken photographer, and also crashed the game twice. Wow. And I promise you, I'm am not making this up. The game is just that broken. Even worse is that my brother also purchased the game for use on my dad's computer, as he does not own his own, and he did it to play with the my dad. So I have to live knowing that I have two copies of Fallout 76 in my household. Anyways, the reason why I pointed that out was to say that my fucking family is probably going to buy the game a third time on Steam.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  6. Silent_Gunner

United States
    This is like unironically enjoying The Room.

HylianBran likes this.
  7. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
  8. Nobody_Important4u

Nobody_Important4u Just Another Shitposter

Poland
    It's a bit too early for april fools, don't you think so bethesda?

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    The game was a broken mess, and continues to be pretty broken, but I enjoyed it for what it was - a little multiplayer distraction. The addition of player-ran shops and other QOL did improve the experience, and the DLC looks interesting, so perhaps this is what the game needs, and what it should've been from the start. I'm not holding onto hope though, because I've heard all this before, Todd.

10. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    No thanks. What I've heard of fallout 4 made me think it's worse than 3 (which was good, but different than my favorite 1&2 fallouts). And what I've heard of 76 makes me think it's worse than that, so...

...why would I want to give my precious gaming time to a game that already had its chance and screwed it massively? :unsure:

(okay, fine: I admit. I'll probably get it if it's in the first tier of a humble bundle. But until then, I'll pass.)

Now that you mention it...wouldn't this delayed steam addition be a way to rig the review system?

I mean...it's already so well known that this game is bad that nobody is going to buy it (again) on steam, let alone write a negative review about. :unsure:

11. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    I thought that Volvo removes trash from their platform. Why are they adding it this time?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    64bitmodels likes this.
  12. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

United States
    My brother convinced me to get it so we could play together. Said sure, why not. Bought at launch, couldn't step out the Vault the first two days, I kept falling through the floor, unable to respawn. Went on sale for half off a week later after buying it for full price. My brother played it for a week and stopped. Never got back on.

Fun story: I had a character, bout level 43 or so, just playing the game amid random crashes and then the game crashed, twice. Went back on and he was gone. Poof. Put a ticket in with support like, "What up? My dood is gone off the server." They said I had to leave the Vault to save my character. Lolol. Explained things and they said they would forward it the dev team but there was no way to get my progress back. Took a day off and made another cause I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get my moneys worth. Level 128 now. despite the vats crashes that have plagued the game since launch, though I should say "in spite of" lol.

I will say the people I've talked to and played with on it are generally pretty chill and have had some good conversations, usually about other games lol. I haven't played since maybe mid-December, just haven't felt like it. I own it so I may as well check this out when it comes out.

13. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    it releases 6 days after april fools, so more like a bit late for april fools

14. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    FIFY. in other words, bethesda has to pay you to play their shit game

Sicklyboy likes this.
  15. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Regular

IKR. :unsure:

16. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Next game: Fallout 420: We don't know just buy it

IncredulousP likes this.
  17. Silent_Gunner

United States
    It just works like this game!

Stealphie likes this.
  18. PikachuR77

PikachuR77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    At least it will have Steam's refund policy.

19. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    at least youll have the option to not play it at all.

IncredulousP likes this.
  20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    And when they actually patch the fucking game instead of breaking it more and more. What a joke Bethesda is :lol:

Sicklyboy likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wastelanders, coincides, expansion