1. 5,006

Front-page

Ready to give Fallout 76 another chance? Bethesda sure hopes so, with the announcement of the release date for the Steam version of the game. That won't be the only new thing for Fallout 76, as that same day, the Wastelanders expansion pack goes live, finally adding NPCs to the post-apocalyptic world of West Virginia. Announced at last year's E3, the Wastelanders update brings factions and a reputation system, voiced dialogue with NPCs, quests, enemies, and a ton of buyable in-game DLC items. Is this enough to entice you into trying Fallout 76, either for the first time, or to pick it back up again, or has Bethesda's track record with the game left you uninterested?

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (45 replies)

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Lol, this is a joke from Bethesda, right? Too little, too late IMO

ThoD, MrTrololo_ and Sicklyboy like this.
  4. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Oooh, I'm so excited, I wonder what they'll fuck up this time! :rofl2:

5. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I didn't even realize it wasn't on steam to begin with

IncredulousP, KingVamp and x65943 like this.
  6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

United States
    Worth a watch if you are even considering F76

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They got their own official launcher they've tried to push people towards. And then keep falling back on Steam because they just aren't quite big enough.

IncredulousP likes this.
  8. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    I always say that vid's title is incorrect

'cus F76 has never risen up. It been a downward spiral ever since it was announced

but I guess that can be considered a "fall" or something, uh

9. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 You're myself, I'm yourself

United States
    The fact that this game somehow has enough of an active user base to warrant still being online is honestly surprising to me. This would have been a bigger deal had it been on Steam from the get-go, but at this point I’m sure most people that were interested in this game either got it on Bethesda’s crappy launcher already or know about its ...issues.

Xzi likes this.
  10. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Can't wait to keep not playing it.

11. James_

James_ Am I a cat?

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Like, seriously.

12. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
  13. DarknessPlay3r

Newcomer

Canada
    Issues doesn't even begin to describe what's going on. I've been playing with my partner on and off for a while now. Issues is putting it nicely. I often see the same (fair size) pool of players that are past the level 150 mark that play often as hell. Along side the casual base of players that drop in for the weeklies. I really don't think this new update is going to bring a vast number of new players.

The damage is done, all the technical issues aside the 1st membership pushed away pretty much any new players that would have considered giving this game a chance. If anything I can see it giving players who already own this a reason to re-install.

However I am very hopeful that it's review score on steam is mostly negative if not overwhelmingly negative. For me the game lost it's momentum when they decided to force players to pay for unlimited scrap storage that *literally* takes next to no data to keep track of. That and from everything we are seeing it's looking very much like players will not only have to pay to use mods on their poorly hosted/implemented *private worlds* bullshit, but also that they will have to pay for mods to use, probably through that fucking atom shop.

Fingers crossed for another dumpster fire...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  14. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yet another piece of junk hits the Steam store; I wish Steam Direct was damn-near impossible for scammers like Digital Homicide, Berdyev, Dexion Games, and Bethesda to circumvent in order to flood the platform with their asset flips and knockoffs.

IncredulousP likes this.
  15. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Honestly, outside of the non-Bethesda shit, who else is putting out these asset flip games? 'Cause I never see any of this supposed "rampant" shit.

Methinks you're trying to throw Steam some false or massively embellished accusations!

16. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Bethesda is one of those companies you wait until the "game of the year/complete" edition drops before you buy it. I just got around to playing Fallout 4, so I'll probably give this one some play in a few years. Elder scrolls online is fun, though it took a while. They'll get it right, it'll just take a lot of failing. This is the [Bethesda] way.

...wonder if the servers will still be up in a few years.

17. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Bethesda needs to get their priority straight. Putting their buggy pay-to-win game on Steam doesn't fix any of the game's current numerous problems.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  18. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Gambia, The
    I paid a little less than ten bucks for it back in Dec 18 and had three weeks of fun or so. It was quite decent at the beginning, even if just for exploration and/or main quest, but there came a point where there was a level gap between one main quest and the next that I couldn't bridge because there was literally nothing to do that granted XP besides revealing map locations and grinding enemies, and that's when I gave up on it. No idea who they still make those content updates for, I consider the game dead

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Silent_Gunner likes this.
  19. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    I'll definitely try it but no thanks if they're going to sell this at 60 bucks on steam.

20. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    It's bold to assume that many people gave it a chance to begin with

21. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
    Global Moderator

United States
    They'll get me to play if it's offered at a price of $0.00

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wastelanders, coincides, expansion