Hardware Fake Wii U Pro Controllers, what are the signs?

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone possible post a picture of a confirmed legitimate black Wii U Pro controller, front and back? I recently purchased one and the analogue stick is acting up already, not sure if it's just faulty or if it's a fake.

It looks good, but apparently it's really hard to tell the difference now, and there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. (Such as, if there's a silver screw on the back where the battery is it's fake, I don't actually know if that's true or not.. but mine has one so I'm concerned)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could someone possible post a picture of a confirmed legitimate black Wii U Pro controller, front and back? I recently purchased one and the analogue stick is acting up already, not sure if it's just faulty or if it's a fake.

It looks good, but apparently it's really hard to tell the difference now, and there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. (Such as, if there's a silver screw on the back where the battery is it's fake, I don't actually know if that's true or not.. but mine has one so I'm concerned)
Acting up how?

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought it from jjpgames.co.uk because they were on offer, it didn't say in the description but it seems it got sent from china... so... yeah.

The controller feels fine, though I've never held a real one assuming mine is fake, no mispellings. But the left analogue stick is now stuck constantly making it go down, no amount of resyncing or doing the - + a b reset thing is fixing it.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I bought it from jjpgames.co.uk because they were on offer, it didn't say in the description but it seems it got sent from china... so... yeah.

The controller feels fine, though I've never held a real one assuming mine is fake, no mispellings. But the left analogue stick is now stuck constantly making it go down, no amount of resyncing or doing the - + a b reset thing is fixing it.
Sorry to say but you bought a fake. JJP Games are known to sell counterfeit products as "official".

Anyhow, here's what the rear sticker of a WUPC normally says and looks:

lFTMCL0.png

I'd advice you to return it for a refund and in the event they refuse then talk to your bank to get your money back.

Curious how their Shipping & Returns page say the following:

Where shipped from?

Usually shipped from UK, Some packages may shipped from the oversea warehouse in Janpan and Hongkong center. We will speed up the shipping when shipped from oversea. the delivery time is same to UK Royal mail.

Payment

we accept online credit card payment only,

Oh and let's not leave out their tagline:

Best video games supplier

This "best video games supplier" website is filled with bullshit that no one should spend their hard earned money on as they'll just be receiving a fake product while expecting it to be genuine.
JJP Games are nothing but scammers.

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great... yeah my back looks like that but the writing isn't a bright as that, also it doesn't say Nintendo on the bit underneath it.. it's just blank.

Well I guess that'll teach me for wanting a controller slightly cheaper, hell if I just got one in argos it would have a 1 year warranty with them and Nintendo.

So far I've sent numerous emails to them with no reply, how would going to my bank to get my money back work?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Great... yeah my back looks like that but the writing isn't a bright as that, also it doesn't say Nintendo on the bit underneath it.. it's just blank.

Well I guess that'll teach me for wanting a controller slightly cheaper, hell if I just got one in argos it would have a 1 year warranty with them and Nintendo.

So far I've sent numerous emails to them with no reply, how would going to my bank to get my money back work?
Call or go to your bank and tell them you bought an item which was faulty and the seller's refusing to take it back for a reclaim/refund.

JJP Games deserve to be shut down for good.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country

You can apply for a Chargeback with your Bank, since it's under £100.
But only some cards have chargeback protection, and since it's under £100 they may not do it...but it's highly unlikely as it's only about £30, which is give away money to most Banks. You generally get triple this, for making a genuine complaint.

But here's more info...
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks iQue, I was hoping to have some actual knowledge about visa protection so I don't sound like a complete moron when I go in, going in this morning so hopefully something can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu