*Fake* Wii - The Legend of Zelda: TP (U)

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are these releases really for real? Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge a PC cannot read GC discs; they had to be backed up via the GC. So I doubt someone could just stick a Wii disc in a PC drive and make a copy.

Anywho if this is all for real I'm glad to see the Wii scene coming along so quickly. Now the odds are that I'll have to buy a European console and I'll be damned if I have to put up with NOE's crappy release schedule... heck Excite Trucks isn't even coming out this year! >8U

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are these releases really for real? Correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge a PC cannot read GC discs; they had to be backed up via the GC. So I doubt someone could just stick a Wii disc in a PC drive and make a copy.

...that's how I make PS2 backups
tongue.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Anywho if this is all for real I'm glad to see the Wii scene coming along so quickly. Now the odds are that I'll have to buy a European console and I'll be damned if I have to put up with NOE's crappy release schedule... heck Excite Trucks isn't even coming out this year! >8U
It was the same with the Xbox, GC, and even the DC. The way you back them up to a PC is that you put the disc into the console, find a way to connect the console to PC and run a dumping program. Hey presto, an ISO image on your PC. This begs the question of how did someone dump it?

Hellios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
People, stop being so pesimistic.

A perfectly working modchip for Wii will probably come out in less than 3 months, that's just enough time for some more games to be released.

afaik: Gamecube isos were needed to be burned with an ordinary dvd writer, the problem was in finding those mini DVD-Rs, not the mthy that Gamecube discs spin backward or something like that.

Also, Wii is built on the same architecture as Gamecubes, only a bit faster and with more memory. So the guys who did the Gamecube chip will probably be the first ones to make a working Wii chip. And like i said, it won't take more than 3 months.

I will, just for the fun of it, download this iso, maybe burn it, explore it with Apache2 or something...

:wii:

the above emoticon should work already
mad.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This begs the question of how did someone dump it?

That's the point I was trying to make... I just find it hard to believe someone's made iso's of wii games as a) the machine isn't out to the general public yet and those who do have one have only had one since the weekend and b) we havn't even seen any pictures/videos of the inside the machine or anything to suggest people had been making progress trying to hack it. Therefore I'm led to believe some guy popped the disc into his PC opened up alcohol or whatever and backed the games up...? Come on guys, it's very unlikely Nintendo would be that lax regarding their security/protection.
If the releases are real then all well and good but call me a little skeptical for the time being at least.

=)

Hellios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Therefore I'm led to believe some guy popped the disc into his PC opened up alcohol or whatever and backed the games up...? Come on guys, it's very unlikely Nintendo would be that lax regarding their security/protection.
If the releases are real then all well and good but call me a little skeptical for the time being at least.

=)
Look at Nintendo's anti-piracy for NDS they are that lax about it. And then look at Playstation 2, it works just like you described.

I really don't see a problem.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i applaud the people who release this. good job mates. has anybody who has a wii (yes, im sure there is at least one person here) tried this? obviously, there is copy protection etc. but what is the error? if its don't pirate kthx, we are kinda in a fix.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If this system gets any type of boot device it will be thru the sd port of course, and what would be easier or faster to get to actually work properly? Besides unless anyone just happens to have a 4gig sd card laying around it wouldn't be worth the effort, because why would you want to put out a few hundred dollars just for an iso....you'd basically be buying it twice over.
unsure.gif

P.S this must be a real pirates den since noone is even talking about buying the actual game, but i know i will
smile.gif

kudaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to get past the first town make sure you talk to the kid infront of the gate and tell him yes
then you'll see an awsome cut scene

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually there's more than just ISO dumps
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
WiiCLONE.Tools.READ.NFO-Wii
Wii.Copy.Protection.Information.READ.NFO.INTERNAL-Wii
Is it against the rules to ask where I can download these NFO's? Or would that be asking for an ISO. (Which is against the rules)

If so, if someone has those NFO's I'd appreciate if I could get them.
grog.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. i have a question. This may sound noob, but why would modchips be required if:
A) You're using the same media that it's supposed to work with
B) You're using the same file system it's supposed to work with
C) You're using a copy of a game that get's past Wii's protection.
--- Or does this mean that your Wii is unprotected? xD (double meaning)

And question 2

How did you get a Wii rom to work on GC? I know that there are modchips, but isn't the whole interface different? Or is it like both interfaces are on there, just one is disabled the other enabled, and a simple code change can fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel