Or just joking, maybe.

blackeromegalon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
With the Wii supposedly having familiar hardware (it's very similar to the GC from what I've read), I'd expect a mod chip to be available relatively early.
Somewhat unrelated, but I also think the PS3 is just asking for piracy with it's Linux, HDD and many removable media ports. The only thing I can imagine standing in the way of all these nextgen consoles are online updates etc.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does, and it's based upon the Wii hardware, with full GC backwards compatibility, which is why in theroy softmods for the GC should work for the Wii.

But on IRC #wiitemp, they're saying these rips are fake. I'm still hoping they're real.

Hellios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Works fine on Sc SD, restart:Y Trim: Y, FPG : Y

i c wut u did thar.

With the Wii supposedly having familiar hardware (it's very similar to the GC from what I've read), I'd expect a mod chip to be available relatively early.
Somewhat unrelated, but I also think the PS3 is just asking for piracy with it's Linux, HDD and many removable media ports. The only thing I can imagine standing in the way of all these nextgen consoles are online updates etc.
Internet updates and maybe being 50 gigabytes in size. And just like theres a Xbox 360 modchip with external on/off button, there can be a PS3/Wii one (You turn the modchip off when you go play online so they don't detect you)

But seeing GBA and especially NDS piracy, Wii'll be just as easy.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMFG! ROXORZ!
Now let's see if someone releases an emu before wii xD. We have ROMS!!!!

just thinking about that. I think Nintendo made wii just so emulators would be useless. If you want ROMs play it on the real system (so they still get money from pirates) Just an out there assumption.

And i think having Wii releases is good on GBATemp. Why? GBA games can work in a DS, and DS can work with Wii.
Why not gamecube? Because Nintendo spammed their own console with like a trillion retarded mario games like mario DDR. (Never played it, but friends said it sucked)

As soon as any admins can actually confirm this my hopes are at a medium so i'm not devastated if its a rumor.

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
OBJECTION!!! (damn, I play phoenix wright all the time...
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
)

Seriously, we may have the roms (although we don't know where they found them) BUT how the hell do they know that these roms are WORKING?????? Even if they manage somehow to get the discs, how do they know that these roms actually work?

Don't take my following statement for something bad but: I think Nintendo somehow is playing the cards in the console game war with the most perfect way. They "promote" piracy (yes, with this way) saying to us that "you know, don't even bother to buy a ps3 or an xbox, our console [Wii] is very easy to hack and you won't have any problems. Here, look. 1 month before release you all can have the games. Not just like ps3 that from the first day needs a firmware update".

I think that we are witnessing a VERY smart plan by Nintendo.
bow.gif
wink.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a month away it releases this Sunday. There are a few Wii games in stores right now.

I don't like this because they already had failure with the GC and barely had any million sellers like they did with the on the N64. All we need are pirates giving people an alternate source to get the product without paying Nintendo and retailers.

On the other hand Wii 24 might be able to monitor the games when it loads updates and such so maybe all these pirates will get caught this way. Smart move if true.

EQnox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, what if these images were released by nintendo?
Say it contains a code that would lock your Wii, or block you from playing online. or connecting to Connect24... -makes up conspiracy theories-

Wheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried this on their Wii yet? Do we have to encrypt it before burning like Xbox ISO's? What kind of software do you use to dump Wii games? So many questions left unanswered!
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE