Fake R4?

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I recently ordered an R4 from the internet, and when it arrived, I was a little skeptical of its authenticity, but decided to try it out anyways. Not only can I not get it to run games, but it smells really bad too.

Help me out here. This is what a real R4 looks like

r4_adj_s.jpg

and this is what mine looks like. Please compare the two.

m96o1c.png

Notice the difference in colours? A regular R4 is black, but mine is blue.

Figure 1: Notice the expiry date? I cannot find a picture of a real R4 with an expiry date. Is this perhaps a new feature?

Figure 2: Instead of having a microSD slot, my R4 is low fat. I am still trying to figure out how to load on my 'backups'
wink.gif

Figure 3: Partly skimmed? I thought the only flashcart on the market that had this feature was the CycloDS?

Figure 4: Instead of the R4 logo, there is a large picture of a glass of milk. This was the biggest giveaway to me that I may not have received an R4.

Also, right after I took some pictures of it, I accidentally knocked it over, and some sort of white liquid poured out. I moped it up quickly, because I heard on Fox News that sometimes things from China are made with hazardous materials. I made sure to not get any on my skin.

What do you guys think? Should I return it? Should I try and insert it into my DS, or would it brick it?

D

Deleted User

Try putting it in your DS

Slot 2 and slot 1

It should launch backups fine

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it.
Unless there's nothing /to/ get, then I don't think it's funny, remotely.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can check the link in my signature but ...I can tell you that yours is REAL the image proves it as the fakes say ADVANCE or similar and yours definitely DOES NOT have ANY of the characteristics of a FAKE R4 anywhere on the packaging! ... and real R4's do indeed come with a BLUE cartridge container so that leads me to believe its real!

the info on the box also says LOW FAT so that tells me its NOT SDHC as SDHC FAKES are ALL FAT32 .. so you can rest assured that its 100% REAL!

oh and the numbers on the box referring to best before its a BAD ENGRISH translation it actually means which firmware build it uses
smile.gif

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
You can check the link in my signature but ...I can tell you that yours is REAL the image proves it as the fakes say ADVANCE or similar and yours definitely DOES NOT have ANY of the characteristics of a FAKE R4 anywhere on the packaging! ... and real R4's do indeed come with a BLUE cartridge container so that leads me to believe its real!

the info on the box also says LOW FAT so that tells me its NOT SDHC as SDHC FAKES are ALL FAT32 .. so you can rest assured that its 100% REAL!

oh and the numbers on the box referring to best before its a BAD ENGRISH translation it actually means which firmware build it uses
smile.gif

Awesome! I guess I was worried for nothing!
laugh.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
science said:
kobykaan said:

smile.gif

Awesome! I guess I was worried for nothing!
laugh.gif

No Worries
thumbsup4kk.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.