Fake modchip? Update ok, but still getting 001 errors and config disc

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mercantigo, Apr 11, 2008.

1. mercantigo
    OP

Newcomer mercantigo Advanced Member

Brazil
    Hi guys

I need some advice...

Yesterday, I tried to update my Wiikey. Downloaded the 1.9s update. Well, it worked, but when the drive check starts, i got the message:
    "test failed! Check your connections"
    If I eject the disc, the test is passed ok.

Then, the update starts. If the update disc is not inserted, then, I got a Ok update message
    If its not inserted, I got an error message, something like "update error, please, refer to manual to use the recovery disc" or something like that.

Well, I tried it at least 4-5 times, with 2 different dvd+rw media (LG and Lasermax). Made 3 or 4 times the 1.9s update.

I tried to run the Config Disc, it loads the GC icon, an when i click on it, i got an error message, maybe from the Wii and not the disc (it`s in japanese [​IMG] can`t read). The config disc dont run (yeah, I burned the iso, not the rar file [​IMG] - and yes, i`m on at NTFS partition)

I tried to run SMG, got 001 error.

I`m almost sure that my modchip is fake ( "yeah, but the ebay`s seller garanteed me that is original!").

But - most important - is my modchip not-flashable? Not updateable? HAAAAALP

[​IMG]

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    You may have a loose connection. There is a special wire that controls the update mechanism. So your key may be able to play backups but it won't be able to update...i say get the Wii under the knife and see what's wrong.

The reason why it works when you have no disc inside is because it returns a bolean as true when all data has been moved off the disc. Since there has been no data that's moved off the disc, it thinks its okay.

3. mercantigo
    OP

Newcomer mercantigo Advanced Member

Brazil
    Tks for reply, renegade.

Well, so, even a fake modchip can be flashable, right?
    Or maybe my modchip isn`t a wiikey? Maybe they sold me as wiikey and it is a wiifree or anything...
    What happens when i put a wiikey disc on a wiifree modchiped wii?

Just to know before I send it to somebody check the wires connection.

4. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Try a DVD-R that your Wii likes and put the 1.9s update on it. Report back if you have better results.