SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I got my A-data micro SD today.

Thing is, the PC doesn't always detect it. In fact - the PC didn't detect the card actually being in the standard sized SD adaptor that came with it but the PC did detect the adaptor itself. As for the USB thing with my Acekard 2 that has a micro SD to USB converter, it detected it earlier on but now as with the SD card adaptor, detects only the adaptor but sill asks me to 'insert the disk'.

So I'm wondering, any chance this could be a fake micro SD? I wasn't aware that they even could be faked, but after some Googling, it appears that they can be.

The item I bought is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=006

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doubt its a fake as i bought mine from that seller few months ago and works perfectly - perhaps a faulty one

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There can be a compatibility issue with MicroSDHC cards and older PCs. There have also been reports of DOA A-Data cards as well. Try using the card on a different computer...I imagine that's where the problem lies.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could also be a bad microSD reader. The ones that come with flash carts are notoriously bad. You might want to buy a different one.

-Bri

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies guys!

My PC is fairly new; I also tried it on my other PC via the flashcard adaptor.

Given what Bri says about the flashcard adaptor, I guess that could be the problem there (it would also explain why it worked initially and not now) - I've read that not all SD card readers will do SDHC? I've got a Brother DCP-11C printer with a built in card reader - dunno how to tell if it does SDHC.

If I get it working on my PC, can anyone tell me how to test the speeds on it?

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried the Micro SD to normal SD adaptor with a mate's 1GB normal micro SD card and it worked - so money's on the USB adaptor that came with my Acekard being at fault.

Dammit - anyone got an old micro SDHC USB or standard SDHC reader that they don't want?

At least the game on there work on the DS in the meantime I suppose...

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*scratches head* did you try the USB reader thing that came with acekard with your mates 1gb card?
seems to be the proper test to see if its working.
what you have shown is that the micro-normal sd adaptor works just.

usb reader + adata used to work
usb reader + adata doesn't work now
if 1gb doesn't work then likely the reader
if it works then likely the adata

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that sometimes my card doesn't connect when I plug it into my computer. It takes a couple of tries at times but I don't find it enough of a hindrance to bring it up.

SG

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, I know about HK and fakes, but I wasn't aware that fake SDs existed.

Still, looks like it's legit and the reader's at fault. Mind you, I wouldn't mind running some tests as it runs on the DS - anyone know of any homebrew that can test SD card speed on the DS?

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
groovemeister said:
Oh, I know about HK and fakes, but I wasn't aware that fake SDs existed.

Still, looks like it's legit and the reader's at fault. Mind you, I wouldn't mind running some tests as it runs on the DS - anyone know of any homebrew that can test SD card speed on the DS?
When it comes to the Chinese, there's nothing you can't pirate
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands