Fake M3 cards?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by UnknownShadow, Dec 12, 2006.

Dec 12, 2006

Fake M3 cards? by UnknownShadow at 5:09 PM (808 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. UnknownShadow
    OP

Newcomer UnknownShadow Newbie

Maybe I'm still a bit paranoid about the fake Sandisk cards on eBay but I just received a M3 Perfect MiniSD from http://www.gamersection.ca and the card looks nothing like the M3 cards I have seen in all of the reviews? Instead of the usual white plastic casing as seen on the official M3 site and in reviews such as this one... http://www.iso420.com/nds/m3sdm/index.htm my M3 Perfect MiniSD is in some type of see through plastic casing that does not seem very well built. The edges of the card do not even fit together perfectly. There is a seam down one side. I haven't tried it yet because I'm still waiting for my MiniSD card to arrive.

Has anyone here ordered from the Gamersection site before? Is there such a thing as "fake" M3 cards?

2. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Please post pictures of it. Cause as far as I know, there is no fake M3 adapters. Gamersection.ca is a trustworthy site according to several users on this site, but I personally have not ordered from them, yet.

3. UnknownShadow
    OP

Will post pictures tonight when I get home. I have emailed Gamersection in hopes of a good explanation. Will keep you posted.

4. Xanikseo

Newcomer Xanikseo Member

United Kingdom
    It's not fake, it's the latest version of the miniSD branch, came out ages ago.

5. UnknownShadow
    OP

Whew! Thanks for the reply. I had not seen pictures of such a card anywhere and the build quality looked a little questionable. Maybe it's just me.

I feel better now. Looking forward to trying the M3 when my MiniSD card finally arrives.