Hacking Fake IOS Trick & Preloader

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make the fake IOS trick from SoftChip into a Preloader code so that going into SoftChip would not be necessary to load "Indiana Jones" or any other game that might need that trick? Maybe something like, while on the disc channel "Hold (2) while clicking start to access Fake IOS trick". I know that many of you like your loaders but I think it would be a pretty cool option to have for those of us who like to load everything from the disc channel.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...50 views and nobody has any thoughts? C'mon people! One would think that this would be a good idea. Maybe something that someone who is good at making preloader codes could work into a new "hacks.ini" file. I was hoping for more "input" then 50 views and no post.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure many people can relate to your situation, where you want a way to keep loading game with your preferred method, but there just isn't a huge demand for what you're asking. People are working very hard on NeoGamma, so dvd-r backup users can still play the latest games, even if it's not from the disc channel. Most coders are concerned with creating something that will appeal to, and be used, by the majority of users.

It doesn't hurt to request, but most people will either ignore or tell you to code it yourself. I don't really have anything to offer, aside from my response. I just hate it when nobody responds to my threads. Take care.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader codes just replace code in a way that functions are not called or that they change addresses so that another function is called.
Adding a new function like you want would require much more coding: finding enough free space in the SM .dol to place the function, coding the function to be compatible with the SM, compiling the code to assembler (I'm not sure but I think it's assembler) and then placing it into the free space, then you would have to find the function that get's called when Start is pressed and the place where it is called, then you would have to chnage this address to point to your own function.
I guess it's something like this to fullfill your request, at least patching on mobile phones works like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)