Fake GBA games?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by geminisama, Mar 30, 2009.

1. geminisama
    OP

geminisama Metsu

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    I was browsing around, trying to find a store that still sold GBA games, and I came across these;

http://www.buyportablegames.com/searchgba....p;Search=Search

I know the Gold/Silver/Yellow/Blue are fakes, as they were GC/GBC games, not GBA; but is that Sapphire in the first row real?

Also, does anyone know if this site is legit, or know any sites that still sell GBA games(mainly the pokemon), and I don't mean Amazon/Ebay, with their charging 80$ for FireRed, etc.

2. agentgamma

agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    If they have a few obviously counterfeit games, they probably only have counterfeits...

3. ohb

ohb Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2007
    United States
    internet
    They sell fake fake games bought pokemon emerald off them thinking it was a deal but its crap gba cart doesnt fit in gba ezly they ship from hong kong and paypal protects them when i tired to get paypal to give me a refund

4. Sir VG

Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 26, 2004
    United States
    While there's the potential for some of those games to be real, given that half of them appear to be fakes, I wouldn't trust the site with my money. And neither should you.

And I don't know what your objection to eBay is - I found plenty of fairly priced Pokemon cartridges (and I mean like $20 or so) within a few seconds.

Otherwise, just get yourself a flash cart that supports RTC and play them that way.

5. geminisama
    OP

geminisama Metsu

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Alright, thanks guys. I'll steer away from that site. And I was thinking about getting me and my gf a M3 Lite, but I don't know if you could link them together for trades/battles.

I stay clear of sites like eBay/Amazon, cause not everyone can be trusted, you could get fakes still, the internal battery could be dead, etc.

6. kesadisan

kesadisan GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2008
    Indonesia
    Farplane
    for fake game at my country (Indonesia) it was selled widely
    Like those hacked pokemon game, they got the cart at store for $10