Fake eBay cards?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by UnknownShadow, Dec 12, 2006.

Dec 12, 2006

Fake eBay cards? by UnknownShadow at 11:23 AM (847 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. UnknownShadow
    OP

Newcomer UnknownShadow Newbie

Since another poster just got burned with this I am wondering how many people here have unknowingly purchased FAKE Sandisk cards off of eBay and had them fail in their M3 adapters? I was not aware of all the fakes floating around eBay and I purchased a 2GB MiniSD card a few days ago. I have not received it yet but I suspect it will not work in my M3. I'll stick with buying them locally from now on!

2. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    I've bought mine on Ebay aswell, from a guy in Hong Kong.
    It was a miniSD 2 gigs, no problems with it. The guy was very well rated so I trusted it.
    Ratings are there for a reason.

Hope it works out for you though.

Q~

3. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Are you refering to me as the burned user? Cos I bought a 2GB Sony Pro Duo that has a piece scrack off that I super glued together again.... I bought a 512mb CF sandisk from ebay and it's still working. Then again, I keep backing it up just in case.

4. UnknownShadow
    OP

Newcomer UnknownShadow Newbie

Nope, I was referring to Moomba in this thread...
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=39758

He bought a 2GB Sandisk MiniSD from eBay that did not work in his M3. I also purchased this card but from a different seller. Mine has not arrived yet. Nice to hear that Qpido got his working though. Hopefully mine will work too. If I had known about the eBay fakes I would have coughed up the money and bought one locally. Oh well, live and learn I guess!

5. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Got mine from eBay and works fine but actually somehow the seller was local...so I felt pretty safe making the purchase

6. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
  7. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    That's what I thought when I bought my Pro Duo. Seller was based in the UK but when I received it, it looked like the person bulk bought them from China instead.