Fake eBay cards?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by UnknownShadow, Dec 12, 2006.

1. UnknownShadow
    OP

UnknownShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2006
    Since another poster just got burned with this I am wondering how many people here have unknowingly purchased FAKE Sandisk cards off of eBay and had them fail in their M3 adapters? I was not aware of all the fakes floating around eBay and I purchased a 2GB MiniSD card a few days ago. I have not received it yet but I suspect it will not work in my M3. I'll stick with buying them locally from now on!

2. Qpido

Qpido Call me Q.

Jul 12, 2006
    Netherlands
    I've bought mine on Ebay aswell, from a guy in Hong Kong.
    It was a miniSD 2 gigs, no problems with it. The guy was very well rated so I trusted it.
    Ratings are there for a reason.

Hope it works out for you though.

Q~

3. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Are you refering to me as the burned user? Cos I bought a 2GB Sony Pro Duo that has a piece scrack off that I super glued together again.... I bought a 512mb CF sandisk from ebay and it's still working. Then again, I keep backing it up just in case.

4. UnknownShadow
    OP

UnknownShadow Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2006
    Nope, I was referring to Moomba in this thread...
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=39758

He bought a 2GB Sandisk MiniSD from eBay that did not work in his M3. I also purchased this card but from a different seller. Mine has not arrived yet. Nice to hear that Qpido got his working though. Hopefully mine will work too. If I had known about the eBay fakes I would have coughed up the money and bought one locally. Oh well, live and learn I guess!

5. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    Got mine from eBay and works fine but actually somehow the seller was local...so I felt pretty safe making the purchase

6. GexX2

GexX2 Lurker

Oct 23, 2006
    United States
    Tennesee, US
  7. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    That's what I thought when I bought my Pro Duo. Seller was based in the UK but when I received it, it looked like the person bulk bought them from China instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice