Hacking Fake DSTT card from DX (Deal Extreme)

dintime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote to ndstt.com regarding my fake DSTT cards from DX (had gold dot) and they wrote back:

"Dealextreme is a liar and cheat ur money and they don't care any credit standing.
we are not fool."

But what they didn't tell me is if their kernel would really destroy my fake card.

When I wrote to DX asking for an exchange or refund, they wrote me:

"Apologize to bring you such confusion on DSTT cards.

We are just feed backed by the supplier that the DSTT Company has separated into two parts.

One of them still keep on producing DSTT, they make DSTT cards themselves and to distinguish from the original one, they mark all of them with a gold dot.

And another factory has already stopped production of DSTT, but they still own some stock of original cards. So as for them to sell out all of stock quickly, they therefore stated that the new DSTT cards with gold dot is a fake one..

As you might know, we sell DSTT cards not for a short time, and it’s impossible for us to take a risk to sell you the fake product to ruin our name. After testing you will find that the DSTT Cards with gold dot can also satisfy you on the quantity and function. They are also from the original factory and they can do what DSTT ever do."

So, since they refuse to take responsibility, they are not offering me an exchange or refund. But I am concerned that your latest kernel will destroy my cards! Please clarify to me if this is true so I can write them back and have them take some action on my fake cards. "

So I'm wondering if I should pursue this and insist on an exchange or refund, or just use it as is? I'm just worried that if I download the latest kernel from ndstt.com and use it, it would really destroy my card. Can anyone offer me any suggestions? Thanks.

sippinthebundy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote DX as well and basically got the same reply. I basically said for the price it was worth a try. I just received 3 dstt's a couple weeks ago and per the dstt website would fall under the "FAKE 1" category. I loaded the current version and works fine.

The dstt website only shows them using an application to test if the carts are fake but it does not appear to have been incorporated into the current firmware.

I'm not to worried about it myself at this stage. If they release a new firmware, I'm sure there will be posts about it and you can then decide if you want to upgrade or not. There are other options as well with the YSMenu (I am currently reading up on) that may be a good alternative to use on real or fake carts.

speederd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, I ordered two and received both last week, both were real cards, no signs of fakes as indicated on dstt web site. As well, if you read the product description on DX it states

"- Genuine NDSTT.com (DSTT official site) product guaranteed: all shipments of this product are guaranteed to be the genuine card as posted on the official DSTT website."

I would write back to DX and quote this statement...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night