Hardware [FAKE Amiibos] Counterfeit amiibo appear in the wild

milh0use

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was only a matter of time. Counterfeit amiibo have been spotted in the wild at several locations around the world. Mario, Pikachu, Samus and Link have all been spotted thus far. At first glance, these amiibo look like any others, but you begin to see the differences when you look more closely.

Take Mario, for instance. The counterfeit version of Mario is missing some of the finer details from the original. The bootleg amiibo does not have a textured pattern on his pants, lacks the transparency that the legitimate amiibo has on it’s fireball, and appears to use a different color of red paint for the shirt and hat.

counterfeit-amiibo-2-656x834.jpg

http://nintendoinquirer.com/2015/06/counterfeit-amiibo-appear-in-the-wild/

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least link still has his bent sword

it was only a matter of time before the knockoffs shown up, I'm surprised they didn't come sooner considering the demand and nintendo failing to meet it
I assume they work exactly like the original nfc wise?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least link still has his bent sword

it was only a matter of time before the knockoffs shown up, I'm surprised they didn't come sooner considering the demand and nintendo failing to meet it
I assume they work exactly like the original nfc wise?

Considering it's a bootleg product of another product, I'm going to assume that it doesn't come with a NFC chip in it. And if it does, I'm going to be really surprised as to how they can clone the chip (or whatever method they use).

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering it's a bootleg product of another product, I'm going to assume that it doesn't come with a NFC chip in it. And if it does, I'm going to be really surprised as to how they can clone the chip (or whatever method they use).

If the counterfeits shown in the OP indeed work and the NFC chips were not manufactured by Nintendo or Nintendo's official manufacturer, then I am really interested in them now. Otherwise, they make for good desktop statues.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If the counterfeits shown in the OP indeed work and the NFC chips were not manufactured by Nintendo or Nintendo's official manufacturer, then I am really interested in them now. Otherwise, they make for good desktop statues.
NFC chips are programmable so given that you have the right type of chip it would not be hard to clone an Amiibo.
There is already the Maxlander thing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Found them for about $17 on Aliexpress. I'm tempted to buy one just to see if it works.
Probably would be a lot cheaper to buy in bulk from alibaba or the like.
I have to say they are surprisingly high quality. Definitely an option for those who can't get ahold of real amiibos because of shortage and scalpers.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They would be useless without the chips. All I want is the chips. Why don't they just sell a set of chips if they can clone them. How much would just the chips just?

D

Deleted User

These are actually pretty accurate, but I wouldn't buy them. Not even for the NFC chips. Especially since I've seen pretty much all of these amiibo at stores in Canada recently. I think the only one I haven't seen was Link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4