Faith Healing - Needs to be known

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still watching but I think he could have pointed out that he was targeting the Christian faith healers because they happen to have the largest media presence, and almost certainly make the most money, of any of the others, so going for these would (hopefully) make the biggest impact. The spiritualists ones probably a close second in the west. But I know for a fact that these sort of scams are perpetrated by people who target other faiths. I receive leaflets on the doormat all the time.

And while I'll admit having that strong religious faith seems make people more susceptible to this shit, Atheists and the religious who claim they'd never fall for this will fall for pseudo-scientific snake oil. It's still taking advantage of faith. You have faith in that because you know you can't know everything and trust the source of the information you have.

So these people are taking advantage of a humans basic sense of trust within a community, religion seems to give the perfect hunting ground for suckers but not the only one. Governments need to stop being scared of offending the people they should be protecting from these scam artists. Just make it clear they aren't attacking any particular faith stance.

But back onto the off-topicness:-

BlueStar said:
Faith Healers are not Christians, they're atheists who make a living out of stealing from Christians. If they believed in God they would be far too scared of his wrath for behaving like this in his name.

I'd say without faith, not Atheists. Really choosing to identify as an Atheist is quite different to not having a belief.

QUOTE(Tonitonichopchop @ Apr 27 2011, 12:56 PM) Well, to most atheist (I don't know if you're like this), religion is like a freaking organization that causes wars and all this other bullshit nonsense. I won't deny the fact that war has been waged in the name of religion, but there are also lots of good things churches and their people do. And I'm not even religious. I'm an atheist, but I at least have enough tact not to hate on something just because everyone else does. It's quite immature.

TBH I think both sides of the argument feel like they have to fight so strongly not because it actually bothers them others don't agree with them, but because of the very organised and vocal minorities of extremists on both sides are making a very good job of making it look like you can't have both and there must be a war.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent +1