Hacking faint burning?

zavlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im hoping its my paranoid imagination, but iv been noticing a faint smell of burning plastic coming from my dsi using an ak2i. Have had no problems running anything, but the smell seems consistent and only started noticing it semi-recently. Is it possible this is just normal for a new-ish system? Any advice??

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I should say that you should get someone else to smell the ds for you :/

Otherwise it may be some problem with your DS like a bad batch or something...

Never have it on and leave it where it can do a lot of damage if it suddenly bursts into flames!
tongue.gif

zavlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol thanks. Unfortunately i've concluded its definitely a real smell, and it goes away when the ds has been off for a while, and comes back after an hour or so of playing. Its usually not noticeable unless you get close to the slot while its on. Still no gameplay symptoms...so im still hoping this is normal and my powers of smell are overly sensitive....but something doesnt seem right and i dooont like it.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
try take out the AK2i card when u smell the burned plastic and press the card to your underlip and feel if it is hot

zavlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm yeah you know what, it is happening with legit games
ohmy.gif
I hadnt really noticed before. So i guess il just wait for further action until theres a problem playing? Havnt had any problems running games, oddly enough.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thel0be said:
If the console is warrantied, they'll replace it. Nintendo, in my experience, is very good with warranty replacements. There is no way they can tell you've been running an AK on the console.

they can actualy tell if you used 3th party stuff. one of my wiimotes got fried becaus of a 3th party loader (for the batteries) and we send it to them and they could see straight away it had been ruined by the loader.

@zavlin. how hot is it in the room you are having your ds in? cos maybe your ds is overheating?.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cos my router makes some smell after 12 hours of intensive internetting. but it is nothing compared to a almost exploded condenser or a fried dvd home cinema system......... it stinks way more.

ps. never stick a fork in a bread-toaster it will knock your power out
lecture.gif
, have done it myself
wacko.gif

zavlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah i wont be sticking a fork in the slot either. And I dont know anything about wiimotes, was there was a loader inside the controller saved onto it? or they could just tell a loader had been used?

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean a battery loader, just chargable batteries in a loading dock. the battery pack wasn't in it when we send it to them, so we were surprised to see: possible cause of malfunction: 3th party battery loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)