Failing to compile with FreeTypeGX

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by loco365, Nov 19, 2011.

Nov 19, 2011
  1. loco365
    OP

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

So I decided to learn some programming languages as a New Years resolution and I decided to start by using DevKitPro. I am writing a small piece of code and I wanted to use more than just printf commands as you can't do that much with them, so I found FreeTypeGX. I am having the same issue as stated in this thread and I see what is wrong (It's a C++ header and my project is in C). But, I want to extend on that and try to solve that issue. Would I have to convert my project to C++, or is it possible to get a C header for it?

If you need it, here is my makefile process:

Code:
    > "make"
    pokemondp.ttf
    bin2s -a 32 /c/Wii/project1/data/pokemondp.ttf | powerpc-eabi-as -o pokemondp.ttf.o
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo pokemondp.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo pokemondp.ttf | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo pokemondp.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo pokemondp.ttf | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u32" `(echo pokemondp.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo pokemondp.ttf | tr . _)`.h
    template.c
    In file included from c:/Wii/project1/source/template.c:7:0:
    c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/Metaphrasis.h:103:1: error: unknown type name 'class'
    c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/Metaphrasis.h:103:19: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
    In file included from c:/Wii/project1/source/template.c:8:0:
    c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/FreeTypeGX.h:150:15: fatal error: map: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [template.o] Error 1
    "make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
    > Time Taken: 00:01
    Note: I have a similar thread on the WiiBrew forums, but since this place is far more active, I thought it'd be better to also post it here as I'd be more likely to get a response that I can work with.

2. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Try renaming your template.c file to template.cpp. That way the C++ compiler will be used (it can build plain C code fine) and it shouldn't complain about the C++ headers.

3. loco365
    OP

Ok. I'll give that a try and see what it does.

Ok. Now I have only one error after correcting my makefile.

Code:
    > "make" 
    pokemondp.ttf
    bin2s -a 32 /c/Wii/project1/data/pokemondp.ttf | powerpc-eabi-as -o pokemondp.ttf.o
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo pokemondp.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo pokemondp.ttf | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo pokemondp.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo pokemondp.ttf | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u32" `(echo pokemondp.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo pokemondp.ttf | tr . _)`.h
    template.cpp
    c:/Wii/project1/source/template.cpp:9:27: fatal error: pokemondp.ttf.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [template.o] Error 1

> Time Taken: 00:02

I guess I need to fix something? How do I get the font as a .h file?

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

It's just a typo. You should be using "pokemondp_ttf.h" instead.

5. loco365
    OP

Thanks for all the help. It's helping, but it produces more and more errors. I think it even wanted me to get rid of the code that inits the GC pad. But, I have tried to just simply clear all the errors. All that now remains between me and a usable file is:

Code:
    c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.6.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lftimage
    If I get lftimage, I should be able to compile. I don't know why this code has so many issues...

And where is lftimage? :confused:

6. loco365
    OP

I'm still curious as to lftimage and where I can get it. I've searched Google and the only result I can get that I can work with is this thread. And it's already helped me.

7. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
  8. loco365
    OP

Awesome. None of those pages appeared on Google results. >_> After rebooting to... uggh... Vista... *shudder*, I added it, but I get the same error. Does ld.exe look in a specific directory for it or does it look all over the devkitpro folder (or libogc for that matter)? I don't know if it's Vista's fault or it's just my code so far. And it's getting the best of me.

9. loco365
    OP

I still haven't had luck getting it to work. Is there a specific directory it's supposed to be in? It's currently in C:/devkitpro/libogc/lib.

My own computer hates me...

10. loco365
    OP

So I've pulled out FreeTypeGX and work with libgme for now until I can get it working. Is there any kind of documentation on libgme?

I get this constantly:

Code:
    > "make" 
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Undake30beta.spc.o', needed by `/c/Wii/project1.elf'.  Stop.

> Time Taken: 00:00