Hacking Failed to read DVD 263 when trying to load Gamecube games

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to load gamecube games using Wiigators gamecube backup launcher. I have tried both Resident evil (remake) and Tales of symphonia (just the first discs).
I have tried burning them both onto TDK DVD-R using both 2x and 4x. Everytime I load the backup launcher I get an error message saying "failed to read DVD 263" and when I press a button on the Wiimote the console restarts.

Is the most likely scenario the DVD media not being compatible with the Wii? Should I try a different brand? Or is it possible I may need to install some other cIOS/other programs?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a D3-2 drive, it is currently not possible to use backup discs.

But come on, who knows if it will ever be possible? A fortune teller?

You can buy a Wode or Sundriver, that will get your gamecube backups working.

lucablight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have an older Wii. I was thinking of going on Ebay and seeing if there were any for sale. Thanks for your help.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be alot of money to replace the drive. You mine as well get a used wii off ebay / pwnshop / craigslist etc.

But make sure before you get a new one that this one is a D3-2 drive. When did you buy the wii ? Have you tried burning any wii games and trying those out.

EDIT: I just saw your post above good luck
biggrin.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lucablight said:
I am pretty sure it is a D3-2 drive. If I did swap it out could I have to install all my cIOS again?
No, the wii memory with your files, IOSes, cIOSes and saves is untouched, I swaped my D3-2 drive with my old D2C drive and everything works fine, I can play backups now fine! But when your searching a drive be careful that it's a old drive version, D3, D3-2 and D4 drives can't read backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...