"Failed to merge target specific data of file..." "uses VFP register arguments..."

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Substance12, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Substance12
    OP

Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Well, if any of you saw my previous thread, I was able to compile libsf2d by changing the makefile to an old one that used aemstro instead of nihstro, and updating ctrulib.

Now that i've got all the files I need, i'm having issues to compile the project. I'm trying to compile LĂ–VEPotion, and it creates files without issues until this point:

Code:
    linking LovePotion-master.elf
    c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: c:/Users/censored/Downloads/LovePotion-master/LovePotion-master.elf uses VFP register arguments, c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libpng.a(libpng15_la-png.o) does not
    c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libpng.a(libpng15_la-png.o)
    After that it's like a million lines of the same, from files related to the libraries libsf2d, libsftd, libfil, jpeg, png and a couple others, culminating with this:

Code:
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    I have already tried changing some flags in the makefile, trying using make in some different environments and using make clean, but it's always the same. Yes, I did put -mfloat-abi=hard.

2. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    If you compiled everything (sf2d, png, z, jpeg, etc.) with -mfloat-abi=hard then there wouldn't a problem.

3. Substance12
    OP

Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Oh my god, I think that was the issue. I was using mtheall's makefile and it was on softfp. The other libraries were on hard. I'll try changing softfp to hard.

4. norips

norips Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2012
    France
  5. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    norips likes this.