"Failed to merge target specific data of file..." "uses VFP register arguments..."

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Substance12, Oct 26, 2015.

  1. Substance12
    OP

    Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    4
    Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Well, if any of you saw my previous thread, I was able to compile libsf2d by changing the makefile to an old one that used aemstro instead of nihstro, and updating ctrulib.

    Now that i've got all the files I need, i'm having issues to compile the project. I'm trying to compile LÖVEPotion, and it creates files without issues until this point:

    Code:
    linking LovePotion-master.elf
    c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: c:/Users/censored/Downloads/LovePotion-master/LovePotion-master.elf uses VFP register arguments, c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libpng.a(libpng15_la-png.o) does not
    c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib\libpng.a(libpng15_la-png.o)
    After that it's like a million lines of the same, from files related to the libraries libsf2d, libsftd, libfil, jpeg, png and a couple others, culminating with this:

    Code:
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    I have already tried changing some flags in the makefile, trying using make in some different environments and using make clean, but it's always the same. Yes, I did put -mfloat-abi=hard.
     
  2. TheCruel

    TheCruel Developer

    Banned
    12
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    If you compiled everything (sf2d, png, z, jpeg, etc.) with -mfloat-abi=hard then there wouldn't a problem.
     
  3. Substance12
    OP

    Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    4
    Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Oh my god, I think that was the issue. I was using mtheall's makefile and it was on softfp. The other libraries were on hard. I'll try changing softfp to hard.
     
  4. norips

    norips Member

    Newcomer
    2
    Aug 13, 2012
    France
  5. TheCruel

    TheCruel Developer

    Banned
    12
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    norips likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...