Hacking "Failed to launch"

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what ever reason my Wii is refusing to launch ANY title from the SD menu that ISN'T also on my Wii menu, REGARDLESS of weather it's an North American WAD or not.

Specs:

4.2 "Virgin" Wii, updated to 4.3 (using a NUS WAD)
Can use a USB hardrive
HBC 1.0.8
Have installed StarPatch for 4.3, I think most (if not all) the hacks of that are installed.
I do have a few (two) BOOTMII backups of 4.2

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your system menu IOS80 is not "trucha" patched.

you can get it patched through dop-mii, modmii, or the my guide.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet ironically after I installed star(t)patch for 4.3, most of it worked. But i'll try it.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange thing is if during / after a vacation my wi-fi (wii) HADNT' stopped working I would have probably NEVER "left" 4.2, yet when I installed 4.3 (from NUS) on SNEEK (to see what it did) my WI-FI on that worked so I applied to the actual NAND (non SNEEK), than suddenly my Wi-fi started working again. GOD THAT WAS STRANGE.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol the wii is a hit or miss with many WiFi routers.

maybe the update helped the adpater communicate better with your router better?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet BEFORE we went on vacation I COULD watch netflix with NO problems what so ever, than suddenly I take a vaction put it in a bag with which I presume has very little chance of damaging it. Try it three places (different locations, hundreds of miles apart), never works at any of them (finds routers perfectly), just can't connect. Come back, try it with mine, finds it, but can't connect until I have 4.3.

If Nintendo hadn't released 4.3, I'd of probably tried to wipe it clean, buy another or send it to Nintendo.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's should be done to get the copy/move (internet protected) 'off'? --- So I can transfer internet "protected" saves to a SD card (or the Wii)?

While I'm at it, all sys check programs stop @ ÂIOS 202, how would I get it to run the whole thing? Truncha patch that?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE patched 80, before I 'got' 4.3, I know I could just press the "copy" or "move" buttons in the save data menu of the Wii menu and it'd copy or move without any message saying I couldn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended