Hardware Failed to Init EMMC after fall hard on the floor

Azricc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Its just so happened that my 5yo kid drop the switch on the hard floor while playing Paper Mario. At the time, the switch was without joycon and he played with Switch Pro controller.

From the dent, i reckon the position it was falling is slightly slanted and touch on the floor at the front face bottom right, which also making the cover glass a bit peel off from the looks of it.

After that he still continue playing for about five minute probably, and then there error screen which i didnt see and restart into Hekate. I try boot to fusee-primary and then error message on black screen show telling 'failed to init eMMC'.

So far i have tried restore by backup in hekate but it couldnt initialize with same error message in Hekate.

I also tried building a new SD card to try out in case of my 256gb sdcard corrupt of something. Same thing happen and i cannot start fusee payload.

I also wanna try build emummc but apparently it need emmc to build so same kind of error show up.

The only thing i still haven't do is to open up the switch and see if there is actually lose emmc but i dont have the Y 1.5 screwdriver unit which i just order yesterday.

Any thought would be appreciated. Thank you.

ps: my kid cry a river last night lol the poor kid.

Azricc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You need to open the switch and see if the nand module got loose
Yes. waiting for the Y screwdriver to arrive. Hopefully soon.

Is it easy fix if it got lose or I need to do some other thing? I read somewhere it say reball the soc? Do i have to go to that extreme?

Azricc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Update: got the Y screw and opened it I have. Apparently it was a loose NAND/eMMC case so now it back alive.

Thanks all for the caring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.