Hacking Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es) and Error writing the configuration file Please help me..

Shtok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So my little brother told me that he tried to update a pokemon game on my cfw 2ds. And of course that the game crashed. He panicked and tried to remove the sd card and insert it back again.. And he actually managed to insert it upside down! I don't know how he did that but he did. so I had to remove the back of my 2ds because the sd card didn't come out. I removed it and then I managed to remove the sd card. I checked with my pc if the sd card is still working and it worked. So I inserted the back of my 2ds. And the sd card back to the 2ds. And then this happened... Everytime when i turn on my 2ds with any sd card it says "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)". So I downloaded the new version of luma and I inserted the new boot.firm file to my sd card and then the 2ds did this. It launched the luma3DS v9.1 configuration menu. Then I pressed the Show HAND or user string in system settings option and I pressed start. and my 2ds says this: "Error writing the configuration file" I don't know what to do to fix this... can someone please help me? Thanks if you did help me. (: (btw I tried to insert another sd card but the 2ds just says "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" again)

Shtok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
@Kubas_inko I already tried that and it didn't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oops i answered the different question

@Kubas_inko i tried with a clean sd card with nothing on it

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@Kubas_inko I already tried that and it didn't work

oops i answered the different question

@Kubas_inko i tried with a clean sd card with nothing on it
Only thing I can think of is removing boot.firm and luma folder (simply any traces of luma on the SD) and just place the boot.firm from 9.1 on there.

Shtok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Ok now I asked my brother and he updated the game through e shop and then the whole 2ds crashed and when he tried to turn the 2ds on it crashed again

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok now I asked my brother and he updated the game through e shop and then the whole 2ds crashed and when he tried to turn the 2ds on it crashed again
It doesn't work with with an empty SD because 9.0 Luma is still on NAND so you have to put the 9.1 boot.firm on the SD.
If you followed the 3ds guide pressing Start will bring up GodMode9. Try going to the SD card and (following the controls on the bottom screen) copy and paste a file somewhere. Maybe the SD card slot was damaged and it thinks the SD card is write protected.

Last edited by PabloMK7,
Reactions: Craftyawesome

Shtok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
@PabloMK7 I just turned on godmode9 and copied and pasted a random thing in the sd card, and it did nothing. the sd card is not damaged I also checked that

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@Kubas_inko I'll just ask that. How do I copy files in godmode9 and paste them in the nand? (sorry for bothering so much btw)
Let's see. I don't have 3DS with me right now.
First, create folder called luma on root of your SD
Now, go to gm9 -> SD -> highlight "boot.firm" and "luma" (not sure how. There is a legend on the bottom screen, you want to highlight boot.firm and luma folder, you will find out how there) -> copy (I think Y, again look at the legend).
No go back to storage selection and go to "SYSNAND CTRNAND". Past (legend again) both "boot.firm" and "luma" folder here. It will ask you to allow write access, so allow it. Now reboot without SD card.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So my little brother told me that he tried to update a pokemon game on my cfw 2ds. And of course that the game crashed. He panicked and tried to remove the sd card and insert it back again.. And he actually managed to insert it upside down! I don't know how he did that but he did. so I had to remove the back of my 2ds because the sd card didn't come out. I removed it and then I managed to remove the sd card. I checked with my pc if the sd card is still working and it worked. So I inserted the back of my 2ds. And the sd card back to the 2ds. And then this happened... Everytime when i turn on my 2ds with any sd card it says "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)". So I downloaded the new version of luma and I inserted the new boot.firm file to my sd card and then the 2ds did this. It launched the luma3DS v9.1 configuration menu. Then I pressed the Show HAND or user string in system settings option and I pressed start. and my 2ds says this: "Error writing the configuration file" I don't know what to do to fix this... can someone please help me? Thanks if you did help me. (: (btw I tried to insert another sd card but the 2ds just says "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" again)
Make sure the write protect switch is not in the "lock" position.
But it's possible that inserting the card the wrong way has actually damaged the write protect detect switch inside the reader itself and now it thinks the card is write protected even if it's not.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Make sure the write protect switch is not in the "lock" position.
But it's possible that inserting the card the wrong way has actually damaged the write protect detect switch inside the reader itself and now it thinks the card is write protected even if it's not.
He was able to get to luma config once tho...

Shtok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That's why I think it might be a write protect issue, since it failed to save the config.
but i tried it with no sd card and with another sd card. you think it's the reader on the console was damaged? or just the sd card?

Let's see. I don't have 3DS with me right now.
First, create folder called luma on root of your SD
Now, go to gm9 -> SD -> highlight "boot.firm" and "luma" (not sure how. There is a legend on the bottom screen, you want to highlight boot.firm and luma folder, you will find out how there) -> copy (I think Y, again look at the legend).
No go back to storage selection and go to "SYSNAND CTRNAND". Past (legend again) both "boot.firm" and "luma" folder here. It will ask you to allow write access, so allow it. Now reboot without SD card.
I don't have the sd folder on my gm9 folder.

Shtok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That's why I think it might be a write protect issue, since it failed to save the config.
i think the inside of the console is broken and the console thinks that the every sd card is locked. but something happened before my brother put the sd card upside down. he said that he updated a pokemon game through the normal eshop and then the 2ds crashed. and when he tried to turn it on. it crashed again. so maybe the problem happened even before that. maybe it's both? what do you think?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
but i tried it with no sd card and with another sd card. you think it's the reader on the console was damaged? or just the sd card?

I don't have the sd folder on my gm9 folder.
I think he meant run GM9.
i think the inside of the console is broken and the console thinks that the every sd card is locked. but something happened before my brother put the sd card upside down. he said that he updated a pokemon game through the normal eshop and then the 2ds crashed. and when he tried to turn it on. it crashed again. so maybe the problem happened even before that. maybe it's both? what do you think?
Yeah I suspect that might be the issue.
No idea why it crashed but I doubt it's related to the SD card thing. It could have corrupted the card in such a way that it thinks it's write protected but you said you tried another SD card so....
When you tried another SD card did you download fresh Luma files and put them on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1