Failed system update download disables other downloads

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ErdeFB, Dec 22, 2015.

1. ErdeFB
    OP

ErdeFB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2013
    Finland
    Hello

I think I had seen information on this, but can't find anything on search.

Anyways, I had bunch of stuff downloading from the eshop. I had to boot my system since I relocated it closer to router, but now the download manager has a red x in it and there is also a failed system update there. Every other download is now stuck ad "pending".

How can I get my other downloads back in action?

Edit: I am using tubehax dns and also have the offending url's blocked via my router.

Last edited by ErdeFB, Dec 22, 2015
  2. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    TubeHax's DNS blocks contact with the Nintendo servers... And as you can probably guess, the e-shop servers are part of the Nintendo servers, so you obviously can't access them.

And the failed update thingy is normal, it happens when the console can't contact the update server, even if there isn't any update available.

3. ErdeFB
    OP

ErdeFB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2013
    Finland
    Well the other stuff downloaded just fine yesterday. I have mostly downloaded Smash Bros to prove this. Or perhaps I enabled the dns after the fact. Hmm. Shouldn't really matter tho since I had the same url's blocked via my router. I initiated the downloads with nnu patcher.

4. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Well, the update servers and the e-shop ones aren't the same afaik, so if you only blocked the update servers on your router, downloaded the smash stuff, and then enabled the DNS, that's normal.

5. ErdeFB
    OP

ErdeFB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2013
    Finland
    I had blocked everything mentioned in the stickies. Even the shop url's and it worked fine with nnu. Anyways, I just decided to disable all the blocks and corrupted the system update download and now am downloading rest of my stuff. Thanks for everyone trying to pitch in regardless.

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If your downloads get stuck at "pending", make sure you only have one item/DLC queued at a time. For whatever reason, it gets stuck when you have more than one, and you're using TubeHax DNS/blocking the same URLs. It's a hassle, but at least you can keep the blocks up.

7. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    I can give you the update domains I block on my router as backup that should be compatible with getting on the eShop, especially when used with the Tubehax DNS. As far as getting past the fact that the incomplete system update blocks other downloads, someone in another thread showed me a pretty simple way. You just have to queue the one (and only one) download you want, then do a hard shutdown. The reason this works is because the system takes significantly longer to do a system update check after a hard shutdown. So just queue the one download, exit to the home menu, do a hard shutdown, then turn the system back on. Alternatively, you could try turning on the system, doing a hard shutdown, then turning it back on, using the exploit and nnu-patcher, and queueing your download.