Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With all this banning madness going on, i couldn't find a direct answer for this

Basically, the thing is i have 2 54420'd 360's at home, i.e. i can't request a repair from the website, and the warranty is STILL valid.

Im sure we can establish that this means im definitely 100% flagged for a ban.

Thing is, im hearing an awful lot of speculation that having a flagged 360 is like being on trial. Basically im still not exactly 100% banned, just half way there, i.e. if i do anything wrong like play a back up on live im done for.

My question is here, that will i be immediately be banned as soon as i try signing in? And if i would remarkably was able to sign in, should i run a original on live for some time?

No intention of pointing any fingers, but we all took the risk and played back ups on live, what on earth do you guys think that made MS detect us, my money so far seems to be on the games themselves nothing ixtreme based.

Im also hearing that this October update really messed things up for some, if anyone can confirm this it would be great seeming as though i didn't update at that time. And for anyone that knew that they had a *54420'd* 360, and tried at least going to the dashboard, did you get banned?

Thanks for any help/information.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
This has been repeated about a million times: No one knows how exactly the bans work. If you're flagged, chances are that you will get banned immediately. But then again, who knows? You may get lucky and survive. There's really no way of telling when you'll be banned.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
If you're flagged for a ban, you'll get banned as soon as you try to sign in.

Hmmm

QUOTE(War @ Nov 24 2009, 01:32 AM) This has been repeated about a million times: No one knows how exactly the bans work. If you're flagged, chances are that you will get banned immediately. But then again, who knows? You may get lucky and survive. There's really no way of telling when you'll be banned.

I never asked how the banning works, was actually asking some things that havn't been repeated a million times, specifically this: "And for anyone that knew that they had a *54420'd* 360, and tried at least going to the dashboard, did you get banned?"

I appreciate your input as always War none the less, was just wondering some other things, that's all really

Also, is there anyway i can block the 360 from connecting to live, id love to stream media to my 360, without fearing that it will automatically sign in, and MAY get banned and thus rendering my HDD useless.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bump ?
unsure.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
To avoid getting banned, simply don't connect. To use streaming without getting banned, simply make sure the comp you're connecting to isn't connected to the internet. Easiest way to do this is to use a direct cable between the console and the comp.

If you're flagged on the servers for a ban, I think it's highly likely that you can't avoid getting banned short of changing your key vault (only possible with dashboard v7xxx or less). The scene has recently released XVal 2.0 which can supposedly detect if your console itself has flagged you for a ban, although it doesn't help if you're flagged on the servers.

It might be a while yet until the banning system is beaten (and I can try plugging my extra consoles back to the net).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs