Facebook’s smartwatch leaked, apple watch clone with a notch.

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
OP
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
400x-1-very_compressed-scale-4_00x-gigapixel.png

Facebook/Meta apparently has a smartwatch coming out soon. This has been rumored for months now, but a new leak today confirms it.
Mark Gurman, known for trustworthy apple leaks, revealed to Bloomberg today the details of an upcoming Facebook/Meta smartwatch including a leaked photo render (above).
Looking like an apple watch knock-off with a late 2018-era Android notch the Facebook/Meta watch (codenamed “Milan”) image was found by app developer Steve Moser, inside Facebook View, the app designed to work with Facebook’s most recent hardware release, a pair of smart sunglasses named the Ray-Ban Stories.

This hints to the watch being able to send send image files directly to Facebook View just like the Ray-Ban Stories do. Other hardware and software details are not known at the moment.

Facebook/Meta's smartwatch is said to have detachable wrist straps and a single button on the right side of its casing. According to Gurman and other industry rumors, Facebook/Meta had been planning to launch the smartwatch in early 2022, but the final timeline has not been confirmed.

All of this lines up with what Facebook/Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced at the Connect event, in which he said the rebranding was to align the company with its vision to build a metaverse.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Kordru and SuperDan

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah facebook let me just take that and strap it to my wrist.
hopefully it comes with some kind of app to measure your sexual preformance so you aren't tempted to take it off even then.

Reactions: SuperDan

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Never wear normal watches, will never wear smart watches.
Big phat pass.
I understand the point on smartwatches. They feel heavy, big and kinda useless most of the time.
I just began to use a regular watch last year, and tbh I like it way more. Is just to find the perfect fit for your wrist. With some nice straps (nylon, rubber or metal), a decent case size, and a good aesthetic to your liking, it's far better than a smartwatch any day of the week.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I understand the point on smartwatches. They feel heavy, big and kinda useless most of the time.
I just began to use a regular watch last year, and tbh I like it way more. Is just to find the perfect fit for your wrist. With some nice straps (nylon, rubber or metal), a decent case size, and a good aesthetic to your liking, it's far better than a smartwatch any day of the week.

I like not getting stabbed and mugged tyvm.
Be it the lightest or the most luxurious one, I'll still skip.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's fine.
I remember hearing something along the lines of "watches are not for everybody", and it's true. As any other piece of jewerly, some people just don't like 'em neither find them useful enought to justify the use of one.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's fine.
I remember hearing something along the lines of "watches are not for everybody", and it's true. As any other piece of jewerly, some people just don't like 'em neither find them useful enought to justify the use of one.

I've heard that a few times as well and I fully agree.

Reactions: E1ite007

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Various thoughts on this.

I wonder if this is Facebook being stupid and chasing pointless tech (see also most of Google/alphabet that is not advertising/search engine).
I wonder if this is Facebook actually being smart. Doubtful but it is a possibility.
It might be nice to have watches not tied to android or apple so tightly. Though giving facebook that is out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Given the size and thickness of most smart watches you could probably learn to use it as a buckler.

oh yeah facebook let me just take that and strap it to my wrist.
hopefully it comes with some kind of app to measure your sexual preformance so you aren't tempted to take it off even then.
Most do seem to have some kind of wrist motion activation. Problems would come though in a lot of people wearing watches on their non dominant hand, and not everybody is so fortunate as to need to use both.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Given the size and thickness of most smart watches you could probably learn to use it as a buckler.

I wonder if I could cobble together a smart vest which is stab proof.
Made out of smart wearables of course.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
LOL, Facebook's new exp smartwatch reminds me of Dan-The-man's watch/bakumeter from the original bakugan series,
haha.

1636463502370.jpeg

so, FB's watch will do similar things to what the bakumetter did in bakugan? i hope so that;d be so cool if it could do that!
well not really, but if it can at least make a cup of coffee that'd be great :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs