Facebook is refusing to load comments, or be posted on

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but out of the blue (both Chrome and Firefox), I cannot for the life of me expand, or even post comments. I can't even see who posted the comments either, and this is starting to uh, be worrisome, but what's odd is that on another PC, they load fine on my mother's account. Cleared cache, ran SFC /scannow, ipconfig /flushdns, cleared cached, nothing is working at all, and this is starting to piss me off. I've had my share of odd issues, but nothing like this, and as far as I know, I haven't been reported, because it would have told me via notification. I mean, I guess I can get the app *shudder*, but I want to avoid that if I can, not a fan of mobile social media. So, something is off, there must be something wrong with my account :( :hateit:

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you use an ad blocker with a filter for social media related tracking/buttons? This is the first place I'd look since ad blockers manipulate web elements heavily.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I use uBlock origin, I'll need to check it. I think it's working, but I'll monitor more.
Well, "working" is subjective. Like I said, these add-ons manipulate static HTML and CSS in a way that obliterate user served content. You could have another add-on interfering as well. Ad blockers, specifically though, are quite notorious for breaking poor web design. ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, "working" is subjective. Like I said, these add-ons manipulate static HTML and CSS in a way that obliterate user served content. You could have another add-on interfering as well. Ad blockers, specifically though, are quite notorious for breaking poor web design. ;)

Right, I get what you're saying; right now, it's all back to normal, not sure why it was acting up, but it's all working fine now.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my friends had an issue with that this morning. Its kinda a big deal to us because we have a comments thread that just reached over 10k comments and we are in the middle of trying to figure out how to print them all to a pdf.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my friends had an issue with that this morning. Its kinda a big deal to us because we have a comments thread that just reached over 10k comments and we are in the middle of trying to figure out how to print them all to a pdf.

Right, but like I said, it seemed to have fixed itself, I did report it to the IT staff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu