Homebrew facebook ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogerlad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like facebook. To run facebook on ds, you'd need internet access, but no internet browsers for ds can do flash =(

Kentoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to my knowledge, however it's entirely possible. It wouldn't be a fully-fledged facebook on the DS, but more like the mobile version where you can check your wall/update your "What's on your mind"/upload photos and such. Heck I'm sure if at some point along the line homebrewers manage to get ahold of the DSi camera for their own purposes you could easily take and upload photos on the fly with a DSi. Facebook does have an external API developers are allowed to use, however I'm not sure of the practicality of getting the DS to interact with it. More than likely there'd be some server on your PC that would interact with the API for the DS.

Certainly less advanced to do a mobile re-creation of facebook for the DS than some of the other awesome homebrew I see out there, and the DS is a hell of a lot more powerful than my phone and my phone can still interact with facebook.

D

Deleted User

uh guys..... Facebook does not use flash. it uses a hell of a lot of javascript though.

Just use m.facebook.com in a DS(i) web browser

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Why do I think that you started this topic to say that Nintendo will release Facebook DSi Version?
But your problem is solved now.

Make a myspace or a vampirefreaks one
tongue.gif

But I think this topic needs to be locked because the problem is solved
tongue.gif

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shows how much you guys know.....the new update to the dsi browser allows you to use facebook, I have tried, just not some of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work